Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sat/Sun

Boy, you know what they say, time flies when your having fun and whenever Adam is here, Grandpa & Grandma try to have fun, yesterday (Sat) was a nice day, except Donna worked from open to close at the Restaurant, don’t know what happened maybe somebody from the day shift was on vacation, but she was called. Adam had a great day playing with his friends and riding the wheels off his bicycle. Except for his lunch stop and supper he was on the go all day. this was definitely not a TV day as it was about 85 but not to humid, and for kids that is perfect outside playing weather. Even Rigg’s went out for longer periods, especially when the kids were out in the yard behind us.

Adam didn’t last 10 minutes on Grandpa big bed and he was out like a light.

Today (Sun) Grandma slept in after her long day until almost 07:00am, about 08:00am Grandpa and Adam went out to finish stacking the rest of the wood Grandpa had cut on the wood rack and dragging the final loads of limbs to the wood pile, Adam asked if we could see if he could  reach the pedals on John Deere and sure enough with the seat all the way forward and him sitting on the front of the seat he was able to drive it around the yard so Sam let him be the driver when they were dragging the limbs, I was really proud of him because he listened intently to the instructions to not give it to much throttle with the heavy load of branches on the back so the tractor would be easy to control. After the dragging was done I let him take it for a couple laps around the yard and then showed him how to slow it down and engage the deck. but I told him I would take care of the mowing for now. All in all I was really proud of his work ethic and I told him I would give him a five dollar allowance this week for helping so much. We got finished around 10:00am and Adam took a rest and then about noon went for another bike ride with his buddies, Grandpa had to make a gas run to fill John Deere and then he cut the rest of the grass, getting it finished about 01:00pm, While Sam was doing the outside thing, Grandma was doing the inside thing, laundry cleaning etc. etc. All good things must come to an end and after a shower Sam took Adam home to Warrenton about 03:00pm, He will be back either Wed. or Thursday so he will be here to leave on Saturday morning for our camping vacation.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I know we did, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sam...I'll drive the John Deere and help you haul limbs for $4.00! I have gotten quite proficient at hauling and stacking wood.
    I'm anxious to see your blogs about your camping vacation...Maybe I should say that I am in "anticipatory delight" to see anyone camping anywhere..anytime!! Keep on bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam and Donna, Sounds as though you had a wonderful visit with the grandkids. That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Adam had a grand Saturday outside playing. I wish more kids would spend time outside instead of in front of the TV. He is really growing up isn't he?? Learning how to drive the John Deere and helping out ....that is such a great thing. Teaches him such a good work ethic.
    Take care and enjoy getting reading for that camping vacation. :)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandpa was just like you! He always loved spending time with us. We never felt like we were a bother to him. Not to leave my grandma out, because she was just as great. I promise you, the time you are spending with Adam will shape who he becomes as an adult. I give my grandparents a lot of credit for who I am today. Lucky Adam to have you guys! :)

    Nellie

    ReplyDelete