Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday Musings.

Started my Memorial Day Monday in a lazy way, stayed in jammies until after noon hour. then I decided to make a small store run for essentials we were out of, beer, soda, bread etc. Donna had stopped at the store on the way home from work and her card was declined, she went to the banks website so we can only assume there was a computer problem since we had money in the bank and we also have overdrawal protection on the account. I brought a check with me which Donna didn’t have last night just in case, but the card sailed through and was approved on the first go  around.

As I was putting the dumper on the back of the truck to wheel it to the end of the driveway it started to pour rain in buckets. Just as I unhitched the dumper,a crack of thunder went off just above me , sounded like the crack the 5 inch gunmounts in the Navy used to make, just unhitching and then walking in the store I was soaked to the skin. Yes, there was an umbrella in the truck but it was one of those collapsible jobs and I don’t know how to work them so I just  plowed through it.

By the time I had finished, the rain had stopped so I didn’t get any wetter bringing the groceries in.

Did some minor trip things like charging all the AA rechargeable batteries for the camera’s, My Canon uses four and I have three sets for it  in the bag. Donna’s Canon uses two and again I have three sets in her bag so if we are out and they wear down we always have a spare set. I also keep a charger in the fiver.

Still unloading some clothes, I keep a full set of summer  clothes in my closet so if I want to make a quick weekend trip I am stocked with clothes, swimsuits and and stuff and only have to put food in before I leave.

Not much going on so I will leave you for now, Donna is working days at Walgreens and then she is off tomorrow, hope she is having an easy holiday Monday.

Be safe out there. Sam & Donna………

4 comments:

  1. I have always had the worst luck with rechargeable batteries, or I should say bad luck with the chargers. I've just switched everything to regular batteries now and always keep spares on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish we could get wet in some rain. Haven't seen any for months now. Thank you Sam for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Sam for your time in the service.
    Be safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete