Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day

pay-respect

Todays is the day set aside in the USA to honor all our Service Men & Women who gave their lives to insure we can enjoy the freedoms we have in this great country of ours.There is a misconception that all Veterans should be honored on this day.Not so, This day is reserved for those that were killed in the line of duty.Veterans Day honors the rest of us living veterans.

A little progress report on my bride Donna,When she was discharged from the hospital,they helped get her in the car, but when I got home I had no way to get her in the house. I called the Paramedics and they sent a crew over and carried her in the house.She sat in the kitchen chair with her leg elevated,we tried all over to locate a wheel chair on a holiday weekend with no result, we still lookin but have pretty well resigned ourselves to having to wait till Tuesday after the holiday.

I feel so helpless because I can no longer lift her myself, luckily my Son Andrew carried her into bed. She cannot move her leg in anyway without extreme pain. I am now her caregiver, yes, that includes the bedpan for bathroom breaks as she cannot leave her bed.

Thank goodness for little Kelly our new housekeeper, she has stepped up to the plate and helped us immensely,what a girl Friday.

I’m hoping once she go’s to the orthopedic surgeon he can fix it up where she will be able to get out of bed. Oh well one day at a step, every journey starts with a single step.

That’s about it for now, be safe out there. Sam &Donna…….

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Medicare would help with some at home nursing care...You cannot do it all..and they have social workers that might help you with that until Donna heals ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things always seem to happen on a holiday weekend when everything is closed. I'm happy your cleaning lady has been a big help to you. Wishing Donna less pain soon

    ReplyDelete