Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday in Rolla MO.

Left the house at 02:00am to make the hour drive to the terminal, got the bus and left for Kirksville Mo. at 03:30am. Yesterday I got my schools mixed up, instead of Central Methodist College in Fayette MO., this trip is with Truman University in Kirksville. it is still going to Rolla MO. It is a Track and Field meet. It’s 90 miles to Kirksville, and then 184 mile to Rolla. We are not supposed to be done in Rolla till late with an arrival back at the school for 11:00PM since its 2hours to  the terminal and an hour home, plus about 45 minutes to get the bus finished it will be about 03:00am before this puppy hits the house, Bus driving entails long days.

Yesterday I went to Wally world looking for a short sleeve dress shirt, none in my size, but as always I happened to see an inverter in the computer aisle, that plugs in the lighter outlet and has enough power to run a laptop. At least that’s what the package says. So I parted with $29.95 and took it with me on my trip so I don’t have to use the battery while I’m on the bus. Also got Rigg’s a large size retractable leash good for 110lbs.Been looking and they are always sold out.

Inverter

                                                  Inverter

buslaptop

                                       Bus laptop station

So far it is working and not hot, so maybe this a worthwhile purchase.

I like being able to read blogs and post while I’m on the road and this allows me to do it even on trips where I am not in a motel.

It will also be of use when we start to travel in the Duramax and are rolling down the road between campgrounds, the Delorme program will be able to be accessed by the passenger.

That’s about it for now, Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness Sam...you've sure been busy! Looks like you picked up a few great items while you were at it.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got your schools mixed up before you left and not the destination part!! Those inverters are great! I have a small 300 watt inverter we plug into our cigarette lighter and it comes in handy for a lot of things - like charging stuff etc.

    ReplyDelete