Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Musings.

First things first, I want to welcome our 99th follower, NantucketBreezes, I could not find a blog, so  if you have one let us, know, I hope you enjoy the antics of the Weeb Clan as we work our way to fulltiming.

Donna and I were up, early I stayed in bed so the two mutso’s could lay on the bed after Donna went to work, actually I got up and dressed and made the bed and then put a train movie on, Rigg’s and Sadie  sacked out and I laid down and watched the movie for an hour and a half and then got up and fired up the laptop in the kitchen for some blogging.

Adam slept in to about 08:00AM and then started watching the morning kid shows on TV.

After lunch we got his AK47 BB rifle out and I got some BB’s for him and we did some serious shooting in the back yard.

Adam 03-16-11b

Adam 03-16-11a

Adam'starget03-16-11a

Adam 03-16-11d

Adam shredded his target with full auto fire.

Sam03-16-11c

Sam03-16-11d 

                      Grandpa got his turn too..

You can’t see it well in the pictures but the yard slopes down then up again so the bb’s can’t reach the houses behind us. Before they built those houses and it was fields behind us, Adam’s Dad and I shot many a night with real handguns and rifles and to this day Andy loves going to the range to shoot, he bought Adam a Kid size 22 cal. rifle for Christmas and he is taking his son now to the range like I did with him.

All in all we had a lot of fun, and it was cheap entertainment and also taught Adam more fundamental firearms safety. My Grandfather always said if you keep something like that a mystery from your kid’s, they will discovery it on there own and not the way you would have taught them, He was so wise a man.

It was in the 60’s I think it got up to about 66, and tomorrow is supposed to be mid seventies, I ‘ll take that kind of weather thank you. Snow on Monday and summer on Thursday, what a week.

Tomorrow I will put Rigg’s and Sadie back on the UPS truck watch. I am hoping for a delivery of the prizes, the hat and all those slips are waiting, and I think I’ll let Adam draw the lucky winners.

Adam went with Samantha and Nicole to MacDonalds for supper, I said I’d stay here and eat real food, but what kid would pass up a chance for McD’s.

I guess that’s the news for today, Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoys good weather. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

4 comments:

  1. Sam,sounds like you better hurry or you're going to miss summer there. The snow may not all melt, even.

    That's one thing about this rain, we're having. Once it lets up, all we have to do is look out for the mud and the puddles, and maybe the flooding!

    Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and Adam had a great day together. Our spring break is next week and we will have a houseful of grandkids all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had shirt-sleeve weather today, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Grandpa had just as much fun as Adam. Great memories for both of you.

    ReplyDelete