Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Meanderings.

“I’ve never wished a Man dead, But I’ve read some obituaries with great pleasure”MARK TWAIN.

I have to thank my Niece Tammy Weibel for finding this quote. She has always been the scholar of the family. Of course you know I am referring to the death Of OSAMA BIN LADEN . After ten & half long years of being the worlds most wanted fugitive he was found and killed in a firefight in Pakistan. I applaud the US Navy Seals that carried out his danger fraught mission  and concluded it successfully.

I have to admit I have felt the same pleasure reading other Obits in my life, particular those of the killers of Police Officers I served with and knew. It is a pleasure that is bitter sweet, as your comrades will never return and the acts of these killers have pained so many you know.

So on to todays blog It is a cold and cloudy day again in Dardenne Prairie, really damp but no rain to speak of, waiting for Nicole to get home from school and Donna to get home from work.

Not much going on nothing could be accomplished around here with the current weather I went out back to survey what would need to be done to get rid of our burn pile now that burning isn’t allowed anymore, the ground is just water soaked.

I will have to drag the pieces over to the end of the driveway and then hire someone with a chipper and dump truck to chip it all and haul the chips away.

Other than that nothing else going on. Hope everyone is having a good week.From the looks of it we are going to have a sunny Tues-Wed, rainy Thurs, and then a sunny Friday with temps in the 70’s Friday.

Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

7 comments:

  1. God bless our military...and those Navy Seals are very amazing to me...You have probably met some, as has our son, being in the Navy...What a dangerous life they lead to protect our country.
    Suppose to be cold tomorrow, so no plants went in the ground yet...Sheesh..when is it gonna warm up???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean that you will soon be ordering an 'Obama Got Osama' t-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog today, Sam. I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great quote from Mark Twain! The world is a better place without bin Laden in it.

    Great job from the President on down the line to the Navy Seals who carried out the mission perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quote!..and very fitting for today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quote!

    Sam, I was wondering... is there any MO state memorial for Peace Officers killed in the line of duty? I've tried to research it, but not with much luck. My Grandfather was a Marshall in Liberal, MO during prohibition and was murdered while guarding "medicinal" alcohol. The three men involved were never apprehended, although they were known.

    ReplyDelete