Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts.

Was up early at 04:30AM and was greeted with the first snow of the 2011 Winter, 4 days before the end of the year. My bride and I had our coffee and then she was off to the truck company, since the snow only amounted to an inch or two and it should melt today, there was no plowing for me. My sons boss called for him at 03:00am to go plow and put salt down, he forgot he was in Oklahoma, I was tempted to say I can take his place, but I didn’t, don’t need a plowing job when I have my own here. He is on layoff for a month until the landscaping business picks up again except for snow removal.

snow12-27-11a

                   Just enough to be pretty.

We had a request for my Mom’s Corn Fritter Recipe from one of our fellow bloggers, so if anybody else is interested let us know with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Tonight will definitely be a night for Tovar’s. We can have a little of everything, Lasagna, Ham, Au Gratin's, but no fritters left.

Donna and I picked up the ceramic flooring for the fiver yesterday it is a floating floor that comes in 2ft by 4 ft sections and has the pad already attached. I will be taking it out to the carpenter in the next day or two, I was going to today, but now will wait for the snow to melt. He lives out in the country like we do where the busses don’t run and the county doesn’t do much snow plowing, used to be here the folks plowed the roads themselves, but now that it built up we get better plow service now.

Rigg’s is in his glory and is spending long periods outside playing and eating the snow, it covers his nose where he eats it. He just loves running and kicking it up.

Well that’s about it for today, I thought maybe I would be hearing from Adam to come and stay since he is off school but Maybe his Mom is off and they are spending time together. The house is sure quiet with no Kid’s or Grandkid’s here…

Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending us the Corn Fritter recipe - we're going to try that out.

    A little snow is nice, a lot - not so much! Hope you don't have too much plowing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now it really looks like Christmas..just a few days late!!..enjoy the white stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending me the corn fritter recipe. Do you use fresh corn, whole kernel frozen or canned or what we call cream corn which is crushed and canned whole kernels?

    I haven't made corn fritters for years and I had a similar recipe using the crushed or creamed canned corn.

    You've whetted my appetite and I can see them on our menu in the near future.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you freeze those fritters? That recipe is way too much for one person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margie-Anne, A can of Whole kernel is what we use now. Judy yes, they can be frozen and then micro'd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe..I forwarded it to a few peeps...That floor sounds really nice...And as for the snow...I loved it when we had our Black Lab...I could see her better in the dark when I let her out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our girls hated the snow in MT. Jim would always have to go out and shovel a spot for them on the grass so they could do their business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow gone yet? Not to fret - there will surely be more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that Mr Deere is ready to go....no snow. Are you anxious yet to move some snow?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the new floor in place!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete