It’s the humidity!
2) Speed limits are a suggestion only. If you do the speed limit make sure you stay in the granny slow lane
3) They love to use their hazard flashers. Rain, construction area or sunny and dry, 40mph to 70mph, doesn’t matter lots of hazards on.
4) They use their turn signals when changing lanes at a higher percentage than any other place I have driven.
6) Many pretty roadways with light traffic and beautiful magnolia and lilac trees.
7) Armadillos can’t cross the highway safely.
8) This beautiful porterhouse was only $6.00 at the meat market..great deal.
10) Most of the men will hold the door for a woman.
11) Even when you tell a clerk you are from out of town, when you leave they will say “ya’ll come back”.
12) Lots of emergency turn around areas between exits (exits can be very far apart), very useful for this senior blonde when she misses the exit. I know it’s suppose to be for emergency vehicles, but I consider my truck an emergency vehicle when I really really have to use the bathroom.
13) When checking out at a store/gas station, no one is in a hurry but you. Conversation can break out between cashier and another employee bringing line to halt, and no one complains. Overheard someone ask clerk what time zone it was, clerk replied ‘I don’t know, all I know is it is Mississippi time’.
14) When asking for directions you will here terms like ‘it’s down the road a bit’.
15) If you can’t find what you want in a store they will tell you what other stores to look and give directions.
16) They love their Waffle Houses, practically one on every block
17) They (and me too) love their Popeye’s Chicken.
Guess that winds up my list. All in all we have found Mississippi to be a wonderful state and very pretty.
Ya’ll come back here
Be safe out there