Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Saturday/Sunday Notes.

Here it is our weekend is ticking away, Donna worked the restaurant last night, but she is off today. We are just relaxing, with another gorgeous sunny and 85degree’s Dardenne Prairie day.
I will have to make a run to Shop & Save since the Emergency Beer Low Warning System activated on the fridge last night, when it gets down to 3 cans, the Klaxon horn sounds and an orange strobe flashes.You can silence the horn by hitting the reset button but the strobe will flash until a new 30 pack is put in the rack.
Have joined several veterans groups on facebook, some are ships I was on but one I really enjoy is the US NavyFlight Deck Veterans group. It is a really active group and it seems they really enjoy sharing their experiences of working on, and flying from air craft carrier flight decks. As I age I am really glad now I was given the opportunity to serve in this manner and fly. When I think of the things we did and the sights and sounds and dangers involved it was a pretty exciting time in your life. Like I have said before the most fun you could have as a young man.
I know a few of you like the pictures I post so here are a couple more carrier related.
Night atSea
                            Nice night at Sea.
shang_landingca1967
               What we had to land on in1967. USS Shangri-La CVA-38
Fleet-001-CVN69121219-N-TB177-7601
What we have now, 2013 USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CV-69.
Navy vs Air Force

Getting into your middle 60’s maybe is giving me a crisis in life where you know you are slowing down and hope you can put it off. I still have trouble with my feet but the occasional use of a can when it is really sore, makes things a lot easier. I worry more about Donna than my own aches and pains.
But you take whatever life throws at you and go from there. plus we have Rigg’s and Sadie and the Grands to give us some diversion.
That’s about it for today, hope everyone is doing well. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……

2 comments:

  1. Can just picture your alarm system...read it to Ron and he thinks we need to install one on our fridge...um no :) I love seeing your pictures of naval fleets as my grandpa and dad served in the Navy. My dad was in the Korean War and I wish I could connect with some of his friends...my dad is gone now and I miss him so much. I always smile when I see your posts about Navy life...it brings me to thoughts of my dad.

    Are you going to make it to Branson this year for the Veterans week? Would love to meet up with you and Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can never have too many carrier photos as far as we are concerned, Bob's dad flew off of the carrier USS Wasp in WWII.

    ReplyDelete