Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, August 16, 2013

T.G.I.F.

I have to apologize for not meeting my commitment to getting a blog out in a timely manner, I might have scared a couple folks when they didn’t see a blog for a couple days, I got an e-mail making sure Donna and I were all right since they hadn’t seen a post since. Tuesday. God love your friends, it makes you feel good to know there are friends out there that worry about you. But yes all is well and I just suffered a a combination of a writers block and also being struck down in my prime by the number one crippler of older adults,( read retiree’s). LAZINESS…Yep no other excuses just couldn’t think so I let it go a couple of days.

I will try to get out here soon with the camera and maybe shoot some train pictures since there are several bloggers in addition to myself who are Ferroinquonologist’s. ( Train Lovers).

I did take a Google Earth snapshot of interest. This is actually for Dennis and Donna’s son Kelly who was stationed aboard The USS John F. Kennedy CV-67 during his Naval hitch. Here it is in the mothball fleet at Philadephia Naval Yard.

CV67at Phila Naval Shpyard

USS John F. Kennedy CV-67 on Left. USS Forestal CV-59 on right.

Can’t get over the quality of the satellite image, image what our enemies can see.

Tonight all things being equal and it’s Friday, so I will have a pizza night. None of the Grand kid’s are here, they started school this week, maybe I’ll see them later in the weekend. If Rigg’s gets lucky I may give him a small piece of the crust.

Gonna see if I can talk Donna into a short trip before August is over, In Sept we will be going to meet her Brother Pat and his wife for there 50th anniversary. But I would like a couple days with just us like honeymooner's.

The weather here at the Ranch is still wonderful. sunny and in the mid 80’s. Donna just left for the restaurant, and I will say see ya. Hope all is well in blogland, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

4 comments:

  1. Laziness is the best excuse ever! no need for excuses, though sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging! enjoy the weekend and the pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched the movie "Final Countdown" the other night with Kirk Douglas aboard an aircraft carrier. We think aircraft carriers are so totally cool!

    You have to get that fiver out on the road and do some exploring...then you'll have stuff to talk about!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your honest anyway..... I too have been lax in writing blogs every day.... But when I finally do get a round tuit.... I just go on like nothing is wrong... Who me? The difference is no one emails me to see if I am alright...... LOL

    ReplyDelete