Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday Musings.

Another work day for Donna, we were up at 04:30AM for coffee then Donna was off to the truck company & the restaurant. Rigg’s and I got a nap and then at 08:30AM I headed over to the Social Security Office in St Peter’s MO.

The first week of March I had gone and filed for Medicare and they said they would send me an ID card in the mail, well five weeks have gone by and no card. Since they don’t list an e-mail or phone number you have to go in person, So at 09:00AM I was third in line at the door. The girl that waited on me said there was no way to find out if a card had been mailed. but that the computer showed that as of March 2013 I had signed up for Medicare part A and Part B. She had a temporary letter made so I had something if I needed to make a claim and said the longest it should take to get a card was 4 weeks, so now we wait again. Why is it 50 insurance companies know when you are approaching Medicare age and flood you with mail trying to sell you their supplemental insurance and the Agency in charge of it can’t mail you an ID card. Does the word Government ring a bell.

Today was dumper day and the dumper went down last night.

We have had on & off rain all day with the temp right at 70 degrees, when it is raining it is a nice slow soaking rain, I swear the grass by the back door grew and inch today. The next three days are supposed to be cooler in the 50’s and then back to the 70’s. I can live with that.

Donna told me we may be late getting out of here for our vacation she says she doesn’t think we’ll make the 22nd due to the refinancing of the house, so we might have to wait another week or two. I told her I can live with that as long as she is retired after the refinancing goes through.

Not much else going on here at the Ranch, just a slow day.

Hope all is well with all our friends, in Blog Land , Be safe out there. Sam & Donna………..

4 comments:

  1. I get really upset when I go to the Social Security office. I look around and see no one of retirement age except me. So, what are these kids doing there?

    Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applied online after Feb 22nd..I got my card within 6weeks, active May 1st...Of course you might know I got a UTI and haven't met my deductible on my current United Health Care...So I gotta pay for the urinalysis...WHAT EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing you write that word retirement close to Donna's name. Dealing with any government agency is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw the weather report for your part of the country and sure hope you guys are okay. I think they said it was west and south of you.

    ReplyDelete