Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday at home

Made the bell this morning and was up at 04;30 am ,had our coffee together and Donna headed out to the truck company. I went down to catch up on the computer, Adam had a late and great day he didn't finish playing till 08:30pm last night and only took a few minutes after supper to hit the hay. He slept till about 08:00am and then went in and laid on the couch with cartoons and dozed again. Grandpa waited till the dew point was reached and about 08:30am went out and fired up John Deere and started mowing , got most of it finished about 10-:30am and went in and asked Adam if he wanted to go to Wal-Mart, he said he had a sore tummy so I told him just to lay and rest on the couch and I would be right back, I went and picked up two pairs of jeans I needed and some gun cleaning stuff since my son said we were out of it when he and his girlfriend came back from the shooting range Sunday. I insist on cleaning and oiling all the firearms each time they are used so they will last a lifetime.

When I got back Adam said he was feeling better, I think he was just tired out from a long hot day yesterday, and he said he would be going out to play with his buddies who were in the yard behind us. He also asked if Grandpa would take him to Pizza Street tonight for supper, since Friday is usually pizza night I said yes, It is an all you can eat place with all kinds of pizza, pasta, salads, desserts and oh yes an ice cream sundae bar. Kid's are $3.99 and Adults $5.99 so it actually costs less then ordering a large pie from some places.

Did I ever tell you what I can do to the buffalo on a nickel? So tonight will be an eat out night since Adam is going home to his Mom in the morning, a week goes by fast when you have your little buddy around.

I have decided since we are going to take a weeks vacation in a few weeks in July with the trailer, not to go up for the holiday weekend or week at the Lake, Since if you want a spot you have to go Monday or Tuesday and then stay until after the 4 day weekend, and it it always crowded and Donna still has to work on Saturday night and would only be able to stay Sunday night, so we decided not this year. That's about it for today. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Adam had a great day and I love the Friday night pizza idea!! The 4th is a really busy time here at FDR. We expect the campground to be full.

    Take care!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza place sounds like a great deal. Hope you and Adam had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'll bite...what can ou do to the buffalo on a nickel? :)

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com/

    p.s. Glad to be out reading blogs again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is a great price for an entire pizza dinner. Good going Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, NOW I get it!!! Hahaaha!!! That was so funny :) I'm going to try to remember that one. Thanks for stopping by my blog to give me a vocabulary lesson.

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete