Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, June 11, 2010

TGIF

Started the day at 04:30am, coffee with Donna, and then at 05:30am she is off to the truck company and then the restaurant, another double for her.

It has been a cloudy and threatening to rain day all day, went out earlier with the John Deere and moved my son's duck boat from the parking pad to a spot behind the barn, that gives me a lot more maneuvering room when the back grass is soft and I want to get the 5th wheel out without backing it down the drive to the street and then backing into the highway.

It's usually not a busy highway but it's three lanes so you do block two of the three when backing out.

The weather sites show rain in the forecast for the next four days so my getaway to Iowa will have to wait.

Only thing making today from being complete bust is it's Pizza night, so I will order in a pizza and no cooking and dish's for me tonight.

If I'm lucky I can even use paper plates. Just like roughing it in a campground with the kids.

Haven't heard from Adam so I guess he will stay with his Mom this weekend, been a week since I saw him and I am missing the little guy, haven't heard the back door slam, or had to tell him not to keep the fridge door open for to long all week. I think even Rigg's misses him as he checks the front and back door every so often to see if his buddy is coming home, He doesn't know school is out and about 03:45pm he will start watching for his buddy.

Not much doing going to try and make reservations some place for July near Cincinnati for a short vacation for Mom & I and Adam. Her brother is having surgery the week before so she wants to visit him and do some sightseeing while we are there.

That's about it for today, Hope everyone is safe out there. Sam & Donna...

5 comments:

  1. Too bad the weather is cancelling your camping trip. :( We've have lucked out the last few days with no rain until the late afternoon. This is a dog friendly park, so Emma is enjoying herself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you and Riggs are really missing that young man! Its amazing how much fun and energy they bring into a home and how quiet..a kind of lonely.. it is when they are gone for awhile.

    Hang in there Riggs your little buddy will be back soon to play with you!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza part sure sounds delicious! I hope you enjoy your evening and the upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pizza part of your day sounds pretty good to me Sam! I could have gone for one of those tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh heh ...eating pizza so you don't have to do dishes! What a *Bachelor Attitude*! LOL

    Poor Riggs, he will have to learn summer schedule and winter schedule about school days. When I was a kid we had a dog like that, so anxious to go meet the school bus each day. It took a few years before he learned about summers.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (our blog)
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete