Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday, another quick fix

Another day, started the usual, 04:30 reveille, coffee, Donna off to the truck company, at 05:30am, did some blogging, Yesterday I got hit with some sort of stomach bug and took some Nyquil before bed, still not back to 100% but I think I caught it early. Anyway, several blogs ago I mentioned my screen door slider was falling out whenever you put any pressure on it or shut the screen to hard, it is just too flimsy to me so I started a hunt for a clear plastic slider that I had seen somewhere, I went to The RV Dealer where we bought the trailer and he looked at his catalogues and his computer and couldn't find any. He did say they are literally hundreds of suppliers and that he had remembered seeing door sliders like I wanted but had no idea who made them. I went home and I started a search on the net. I came up with a parts supplier network, GO-RV.COM  you go to this site type in what state or province you are in and they will  give you a list of parts distributors. I typed in Missouri and they had a distributor listed for St Charles County. KKK Services no hyperlink since you can go right from the above to the distributor you pick. I then typed in Screen door slide in the search box and right there was a 12in slide in clear plastic for $25.99US. So easy, I ordered it and today the UPS truck dropped it off at the door.

screendoorslide06-08-10a

                        New slider in package

screendoorslide06-08-10b

                        Original Slider & Problem

screendoorslide06-08-10c

             New Slider installed, inside view.screendoorslide06-08-10d

              New Slider installed, outside view.

They supplied a clear stationary piece, but I decided to keep the white piece in place that was original since the door is white and that will break up, Rigg's view of the outside world and maybe not encourage him to push on the door to get it open. The new piece is made just enough heavier that it fits tighter in the track and is a little stiff to open and close, I was going to spread the track a little but I think I will just open and close it some and let normal wear loosen it up, that way it will still have a tight up and down fit.

Looks like whatever the problem was Blogger got all their stuff back in place and the blog went smoothly today.  That's it for today. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

 

7 comments:

  1. That blogger outage drove me NUTS yesterday! I am glad they got it fixed. Like the new slide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can rub sewing wax in the tray and it will help.It is sometimes called parrafin wax. Old trick to get drawers to open better also.

    Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we gonna have to call you McSammer??? Good job on the fix...I'm still unable to comment on Mozilla, so I go to Internet Explorer...but not really happy about it...keep on fixin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have been feeling a little under the weather. Hope this finds you on the mend!!
    That new slider looks great! Thanks for the link to Go-RV.com. I will put that in my book of parts sources.

    Hope you have a great week!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get back to 100% soon! Nice tip on the slider part ~ very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new slider looks great! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey.. great update! We were thinking about changed to the clear one for two reasons... one to not block the view at that level when we look out, but two, because the creamy white one looks so *dirty* and I am always washing off Steveio's dirty finger prints! LOL

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete