Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Musings

Another great day in Dardenne Prairie, up at 04:30am for our morning coffee,then Donna was off to the truck company. She called me later about 08:00am and said she could get the time off for the Rally so I tried to send an e-mail to the Chapter Rep that lives in O'Fallon MO. to Register. After two tries and it bouncing back both times as unknown address I noticed his phone number and gave him a call, His name is Bob Ingham and he was very nice over the phone, he said he lived on the other ( North ) side of O'Fallon from me but that he would meet me half way at the MacDonald's on Hwy M and I could register and pay for the rally there.We set a time of 09:30am, Luckily he said he was an early riser like us because I noticed when I was talking to him that it was only 08:30am and I probably should have waited till a little later to call. I met him and made the arrangements and he said they expect about 200 to 250 rigs to be there. It is a State Good Sam Rally rather than one on the Chapter level, so there should be a lot to do. Donna & I both are looking forward to it, because then it will only be a couple weeks before my PA. trip.

Rigg's had a good day yesterday, My Son Andy's girlfriend, Samantha brought her daughter, Nicole over, she is 8 years old, almost the same age as Adam, Since she isn't used to having a big dog around she was at first a little shy of Rigg's. But it wasn't long before he brought her his ball and wanted to play catch, with help from Grandma Donna she learned how to make him drop it and sit before she through it and now they are best friend's. Rigg's loves playing with Adam and I'm sure Nicole will be on his list of kids now too.  She is such a doll. Here is some pictures.Rigg's&Nicole09-12-10a

             Nicole telling Rigg's to drop it.

Rigg's&Nicole09-12-10d

             Rigg's dropping the ball for her.

Rigg's&Nicole09-12-10c

           Rigg's sitting and waiting for the throw.

Last night Donna made a killer Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and corn. Between the three of us, Samantha and Nicole had to go home for supper. We blew threw it like  yesterday's news, it was one of those fall apart roasts that you just have to have seconds on.

Tonight with Donna working today I am going to bake a Lasagna in the oven so we can feast again.

I was hoping I would here from Adam since it was Grandparents Day but the weekend came and went and no call. I guess the freeze is on, his Mom blocked us on Face Book and Andy said she put a block on the phones so I haven't tried to call him. I wish life was easier on the kids than this. Maybe I can put a sign out front  Grandpa for Rent.

Well another day in the big city. Hope everyone is enjoying good weather and smooth sailing. be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

8 comments:

  1. No, Grandpa, hang in there..Don't rent yourself out yet. Adam has to do as Mom says, even though he doesn't like it..As time passes, and (Mom wants a break), suddenly Gramps will be on the good guy list again..Keep the faith!!
    HMMMM...Lasagna??? What time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain in the between the lines..time will pass and she will come around!!..hang in there..in the mean time you got Samantha to fill the void!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet Adam doesn't like this situation any better than you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna is so right!! I am so sorry to hear adults acting this way because it only hurts the kids. You know Adam loves you guys a ton. Just hang in there.

    I am glad you all are going to get to go to the rally. You will really have a great time. :-)

    MIke & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you will get to go to your first rally. I prefer the small ones - seems like you have more opportunity to get to know other people.

    So sorry to hear about the Adam situation. Hopefully that will change soon. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you, Sam, it's so sad the situation with Adam. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm lasagna! now that you put that in my mind, I guess that is what we are having for supper???

    Too bad about Adam's mom. We have friends who go through the same thing. But then the mom figures out it's nice to have *free babysitting* and dumps the girl off when it's convenient for her schedule, not the grandparents though. If only they would realize the love of a grandparent is the best thing for a kid going through a tough divorce. As long as you don't take sides, Grandparents can be non-judgmental and give the kid some stability and love...

    Hope you get to see him soon!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh now I am thinking lasagna for dinner!

    I sure hope you get contact with Adam again.. the love and care of a grandparent can be non-judgemental and a good balance for a child going through a divorce situation. Grandparents can be the anchor in the storm, no matter which side they belong to.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete