Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday Notes

Today we both slept in till 05:30am and then had our coffee, Did my blogging and computer work and went down and puttered around the garage Donna did some housework, and we heard from our oldest son Sam Jr. He is leaving today on a business trip to Singapore. He said he hated the thought of a twenty hour flight from New York City to there. I told him a trip to southeast Asia was a two week aircraft carrier voyage that wasn’t bad. But now I didn’t care if I ever saw that part of the world again. Donna thinks all the traveling he does makes for an exciting life. Anyway I hope he has good luck in his venture and maybe sends a few pictures if he does I will share them with you all.

After Donna went to the restaurant I decide to go over to the model railroad club, hadn’t been there in awhile and wanted to see what was new. One of the things that caught my eye was a new crossing gate with flashing lights and bells that works automatically as a train approaches. I know Lionel had a gate years ago. but this is HO and to a degree of detail you didn’t find in Lionel trains.

RRClub09-04-10a

               Gate before train approaches.

RRClub09-04-10b

Gate is going down and lights flash & bells ring.

RRClub09-04-10d

                          Coal train approaching.

The club will be something I will miss, but I look forward to visiting Model RR Clubs in whatever part of the country we are in and I will keep a train and radio controller with me as we travel.

Talked to Adam, my grandson today and we have it setup for me to pick him up Friday when he gets out of school early and then heading for the Lake for the weekend, I will bring the trailer to the Campground on Thursday and setup and have a nice quiet night and then Friday the weekend weekend will start for us. It looks like we will still have swimming weather and campfire weather at night.

Rigg’s had a good day and played with his Dad & Mom most of the day.

Also had a Skype call with my sister Wendy and she is schedule for surgery on the 14th of October, I wanted to be here in MO. on the 12th of October for Grandpa’s Day at Adam’s school, he is so looking forward to me attending. So I will go to that. Then leave at about 05:30amCDT on the 13th and if I drive straight through the 900 miles I will be in Scranton by 10:00PM EDT. That way I will be there in time to take Wendy for her surgery and still make my Grandson happy.

That’s about it for today. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

9 comments:

  1. 900 miles is an awful long way to drive in one day. Be careful out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and Donna had a full day. I second what Judy said. 900 miles is a long trip for one day. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We certainly hope all things go well for you sister. I agree with Judy...that is a long drive so be very careful. She is so blessed to have you there for her.
    Sounds like you have planned a great weekend of camping...I bet Adam is excited.

    You all have a great week!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope those model 'car drivers' are a whole lot better at stopping for railroad crossings than a lot of regular drivers are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, you are an amazing person. Your dedication to both Adam and Wendy is commendable. I know Adam will be thrilled to have you with him on that special day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good saturdy at your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 900 miles in one day is a young man's folly. Sure wouldn't advise trying that sort of thing at our age. Can it be done? Sure, but at what cost. Take care, be realistic & think clearly.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like all things are working out for your scheduled trip to help your sister..As for the train setup..My brother does that stuff...what do you call that..diaramas??? (no, I didn't say diahrea!)...He is very gifted artist and loves that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I didn't know better some of the pictures look like real train's.

    900 miles in one setting is a long drive...

    ReplyDelete