Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF

Up with Donna for our morning coffee, it was raining one of those nice steady but mild rains that really soak in,It is supposed to stop in the afternoon and be cloudy and then have a sunny and warm Sat & Sun.

Went to Office Max and got some business card paper, I was out of, I wanted to make a card with our names and our blog address on it .

Image3

                This is what I came up with.

The only thing I did that I had second thought's about is I put our mailing address which is in O'Fallon and we actually live in Dardenne Prairie MO. but they don't have their own post office. Confused? Anyway I figured I can change the next batch I print if I want.

Anyway now I have something to give to someone I meet as we travel and you guys that follow can just right click and copy and then paste it to a blank in Word and print out a copy and then if your in our area give us a call, we always leave the light on anyway.

If anyone does come by, our driveway has a street sign that says Weeb LN at the end of it,That was the nickname my fellow officers gave me.  It was a gift from the City Manager where I retired from the Police Dept when we moved out here. Well when all the subdivisions were built the map makers must have thought it was an official sign because now it will show up on Google Earth and Mapquest and DeLorme, also in the Garmin GPS's so there isn't to many ways to get lost if you type in 1 Weeb Ln O'Fallon MO.

WeebLanesign

                                      Weeb LN.

Other than that claim to fame, not much else going on here in Dardennne Prairie, Another day in the life of the retired, wish Donna would retire soon. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

9 comments:

  1. Good job on the travel card, Sam. It's pretty nice having your own street name, too!! Tough to forget that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I have the same problem.....Kelly still likes working in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that card!! You did an excellent job. They are so handy to give out when you meet new folks.
    We will definitely keep your info in our card book. Hope we can meet up with you guys one day!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your contact cards look great, Sam. Hope we get to meet up with you guys someday and we can exchange cards. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card. It's a good idea and one of these days I'm going to make one up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the card Sam. I'm going to have to get my graphics department to design one for us. My graphics department is also my IT department, cook, housekeeper, boss and best friend. She just keeps accepting these jobs I give her. Sometimes I wonder why she puts up with me and the dog.
    --Rod

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - You did ask for critque's, correct? I'm sitting outside in the sun having a Bloody Mary so maybe I'm not seeing perfectly, but where is Riggs on the card??? I tend to remember the "dog" of the family more than the "people". I hope you haven't hurt Riggs' feelings. By the way, you're looking pretty spiffy with that tie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Margie..poor Riggs..forgotten!!..nice card though..and how nice to have your own street!!!
    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete