Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday at home.

Well, didn’t get a Friday blog out, just got to be too late and I figured I would do one in the morning. Donna worked the restaurant last night , but she said it was a slow night, I want to thank everyone for the well wishes on my fall. I have been improving over the last two days with the swelling going down and the pain now is just a dull discomfort. Of course I may have helped it in not doing any chores outside and generally staying off it. I did manage to get two loads of laundry done so I am confident I am on the road to a swift recovery.

Got a pleasant surprise yesterday, when about 3:30PM my Grandson Adam called and said he wanted to come over Sat & Sun. I was so glad to hear from him as it had been two weeks since his Mom & my Sons spat.

I will pick him up about 110:00AM and our first stop will be Wally World so he can pick out his birthday present, I am then going to take him to this place where this guy sells used bikes and get him a bike to keep at our house, since he took his good one home. I wanted to have another one here for when he stays and when we take the trailer out.

Adam,Sam&Rigg's07-17-10bresize

The Three Buddies, Adam, Grandpa, & Rigg’s.

Donna is baking this morning, she is going to make big cake and decorate it for the Rally this week she will freeze it until we leave. She has found that if you freeze a cake it retains it’s moist taste, just the way I like it.

Rigg’s is just laying around watching Mom bake, now that the temperatures have gone down he is also enjoying romps in the back yard and generally terrorizing the rabbit and squirrel population. For some reason even being a Lab he doesn’t give a bird more than a second glance. I had to laugh when he tried to follow a squirrel up a tree and only made it a few feet before finding out his claws don’t grip like a squirrels. What a lop.

Well that’s about it for now, I will be leaving in a little while to go to Warrenton MO. to pick Adam up, ten the fun begins, Donna has a shift tonight at the restaurant. so Adam & I will have boys night together. Be safe out there, and watch out for low leaping kangaroo’s.Sam & Donna.

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting back with Adam. Maybe one of your homemade pizzas would hit the spot tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are getting to see Adam for the weekend. I know you guys will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I shouted out loud ALL RIGGGHHHTTT! when I read that Adam contacted you! Wheeeheeeeeeeeeee I am soooo glad for you!

    And for Riggs to get his playtime buddy back again for the weekend.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah..Adam is coming!!I know this makes your weekend! have fun1

    Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are on the mend. Good looking grandson there. Have a ball with him, they really grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you are not seriously hurt after your fall. With Adam there, you need to be at 100%. How nice that you get to see him today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Adam is coming for the weekend! Have a great birthday party tonight - I second the pizza idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Sam & Donna, to our blog too. Thanks for joining us on this wacky life style!
    I notice you have a Coachmen Chaparral also..........ours is the travel travel version. Love to see some pictures of the inside!
    Have fun with your grandson........those are the best days to make memories! Love the pics.
    Hope you're feeling better after your fall. I know what a bum knee feel like and it's not fun!
    We will keep in touch via these blogs and maybe even meet up some day!
    Susan & Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray. Injuries healing nicely and Adam back for the weekend. What more could you want!

    Blessings for a very good time together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time with Adam, and get him a really nice bike for grandpa's house! LOL

    You will have so much fun, that you will forget all about the fall and a few pains! Well, I hope anyway!
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam, I am so glad Adam is going to spend a couple of days with you guys. :)) That makes for a great weekend. Hope you have a great birthday party and Pizza??
    Have fun !
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, pizza sounds good to me.....and lot's of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope your weekend with Adam was a good one!

    ReplyDelete