Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Meanderings.

Up at 04:30AM with my bride for coffee. Then she was off to the truck company.

I had an easy day ,did a couple loads of wash and took my son to Warrenton Mo.

Weather wise it was in the 80’s and nice , a little cloudy but no rain.

Both of the furballs are sitting by the back door waiting for Nicole to roll in from school, it doesn’t take long before they know in their body clocks when school is over And she is due in. I think they also hear the school bus stop out front even though it is several hundred feet away.

I am going to make Sloppy Joes and a potato dish for supper tonight, just what I like simple easy and tastes good. I asked Donne in an e-mail what she thought she would like and gave her a list of about a half a dozen things and her first pick was Sloppy Joe’s.

On a forum I follow about the railroad my Granddad worked for someone posted a picture they found and asked if anyone knew where it was taken, Myself and one other person knew, since I had taken pictures off of the same bridge when I was a teenager. Besides an old car shops building, Everything related to the railroad, all the tracks and other buildings and the bridge itself are gone now. It was pretty neat though to identify other landmarks in the back ground and then label them on the old picture.

Other than that just another slow day in Dardenne Prairie, tomorrow I might go out and go over the grass again, I will go back to weekly cuts now that the heat wave is over. I have also decided to give up on the battle for the driveway lights, About 20 years ago I installed low voltage lights about every 15 feet along the one side of our driveway. That’s about 15 lights, in the last 18 years since my son has had a driver’s license, nobody seems to know how or who, but I have replaced just about every one of them after being run over, some twice or more times. Now they don’t even make the low voltage lights and the big push is for solar powered LED’s. Since most of my driveway is shaded these won’t work. So I am going to remove all but a few around my trailer pad.

Less work and no aggravation.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing how our doggies have those internal clocks that help them know when someone important is due home. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sloppy Joes but haven't made them in years....You just got me hungry for them all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought 8 of the solar lights for around our RV spot here in D'Hanis. Ron has run over one and I backed over one. We are now down to six. They work okay but not as bright as we thought they would be. Have decided not to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I broke my ankle and ruptured my Achilles tendon just before we became full timers, Jim used to fix dinner every night. I loved it. He still pitches in when I just look at him and say "bowl of cereal?" So nice to have a talented man around the house.

    That's really neat that you recognized the picture. And time sure does change a lot of landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our 2 muttzo's are better than alarm clocks. They just seem to know when it's time for a walk, dinner or time to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a pretty laid back kind of day. Those are good every once in a while. Seems to be a good idea taking out the lights. Not only does it save you aggravation but also money. Money on buying new lights and also on the electricity, even though they are low voltage.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My furbaby would stay in bed as long as I do...lol Glad you had a good day and Sloppy Joes does sound yummy!
    Have fun
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say I'd always like to around your house at Supper time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete