Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts.

Up at 04:30AM with my bride for coffee, checked the blogs for awhile. Later in the morning I went with Samantha & Nicole to register for school she will be going to Prairie View Elementary which is about a block west of us on our street still in Dardenne Prairie, it is a beautiful school, only about 5 years old , it’s where Adam went when he lived here. I had to sign an affidavit that Nicole was living with Donna & I at our address.Prairie View Elenentayryschool07-02-10
                      Nicole’s New school.
Then it was to the grocery store, for some things that we were out of, like milk, between my son and the grandkids we go through 2 gallons of white milk and a gallon of chocolate a week.
When I got home I got the package out that arrived while Adam & I were camping, that contained my laptop mount for the truck. I wanted something similar to those in the police cars and this company supplies many police departments with theirs. It is a simple and ingenious mounting kit using hard 1/4 inch pipe and fittings covered with a plastic trim and with a quick disconnect to take it out fast.
I put the GPS module for the Streets and Trips, inside a little stuffed doggie on the dash where you wouldn't see it and it works great.
trucklaptopmount08-09-11a
trucklaptopmount08-09-11d
               It will swivel to either side.
trucklaptopmount08-09-11c
I mounted the base inside the one drink cup holder.
It turned out to be an easy and sturdy mount and it was not very expensive at $40.
Not much going on this afternoon, I think tomorrow if it is cool enough John Deere and I will have a date. It’s been two weeks and the grass is slowly coming up. Although the high temps have really slowed it down now.
After looking at the pictures and seeing the strobes I left in the back window when I retired as Chief, my truck looks like a police vehicle again, but having the big map screen and the ability to use the laptop when you stop for gas at wi-fi hotspots, found out Lowes has a wi-fi hotspot that you can hook up to on the parking lot. I’ll bet there are a lot of free spots at big box stores that no one knows about.
That’s about it for today, waiting for Donna to come home from the truck company and I will start supper soon. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

5 comments:

  1. The laptop mount seems to be very handy, and great for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat set up. Very creative and looks like it will work really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know you've been wanting such a setup for a while now. Glad you finally came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new laptop mount for the truck! That is so convenient for when you are traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great setup for a laptop, Sam! Well done!

    ReplyDelete