Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Meanderings.

Was up early and had coffee with my bride before she left for the truck company.

It was a sunny nice day with a temp of about 85 today, nor sign of any rain or bad weather, what a difference from what the east coast has just put up with. But it could have been a lot worse, I know this doesn’t mean much to someone who got flooded out, but with only 18 deaths from the entire storm cycle in all those states , I think we were lucky in many case.

I had to break down and make a grocery store run today, I figured out why the managers are so friendly and always smiling, does anyone get out of a grocery store for less than $100. I try to go once a week but sometimes it twice. We feed 4 adults and one child all week and another child or 2 on the weekends. Boy am I glad none of them drink beer.

I heard somebody say something about an empty nest, what is that?  Donna & I have never had an empty nest. I look out the kitchen window and see the two wren houses that have not had an empty nest since April and are still going strong. Must be something in the air or water around here.

Which reminds me Nicole is loving her new school which is great. Having raised all boys up to this point and having an honor roll Grandson I am so relieved that it appears my Granddaughter is going to do well and enjoys her school.

In all honesty I never really was interested much in school until I was out of high school and got motivated to fly in the Navy, My Grandfather then set the course for my future. After that I never found my continuing education in Law Enforcement to be difficult.. 

Tonight was a cube steak night. We both like them and they make and easy meal without a lot of hassle for when Donna comes home from work.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna….

6 comments:

  1. No questions about it - grocery stores are high dollar areas. Perhaps someday that nest will be empty and you'll get a bit of a reprieve. Glad to hear Nicole is liking her new school.

    Cube steak??? YUM, any night of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that most of us guys never had an interest in school until we were out? So many say "if only I had put a little work into my studies". Of course that would have made us nerds, like Bill Gates and the other computer billionaires.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel Sam, I raised 3 boys and no girls....i think that's the reason I enjoy the grandaughters so much. I sure don't get to see them much...Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...the grocery store is a great place to drop a few bucks!! It goes fast in those places. You guys are feeding a few more than us though!!

    Empty nest???? Don't know what that is either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if we just bought groceries we could get out for under $100 but we are usually at Walmart and other items seem to make their way into the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope we never get out with a less then 100 dollars at the grocery. Even 1 bag is aroung 25...lol
    Have fun & Travel Safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete