Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Musings.

Got up early and my bride and I had coffee, Then she was off to work in my good truck to the truck company. Today was alternator day for her car and it was done about 10:00AM.

Not much going on, it is a hot one again today at about 97 degrees,

Donna sent some cool pictures of the Blue Angels I will share with you.

securedownload

             Is this a great country or what?

securedownload (1)

Tuck it in about 6 inches tighter number 5 man.

securedownload (4)

Where’s the tummy rub we were supposed to get.

securedownload (9)

You take the east bound lanes I’ll take the west.

securedownload (5)

Did I suck the gear up fast enough for you that time?securedownload (7)

                   “Big Bird” the support plane.

securedownload (10)

For all the US Navy Vets out their especially Aviation Vets.

I can’t help but think of some of the great times I had in the Navy, some of the crazy things we did like flying under all the bridges on the Hudson River starting with the Verrazano Narrows, and ending with the Tappan Zee. Then deny, deny when  the phone started ringing back at our home base.Didn’t do the East River as we knew someone with a camera would be waiting for us on the way back.Only needed about 20 feet of clearance to clear the water and the bridge overhead but still thrilling to anyone who saw it.

Ah to be young again. But sometimes it’s fun to be and old timer and just have the memories to relate to your Grandkids.

Trying to decide since this is the weekend before the holiday weekend if I should take the fiver to the Lake for the weekend, I’ll have to get a hold of Adam’s Mom and see if he’s available and if Nicole wants to go.

That’s about it for now. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

7 comments:

  1. My vote is to go for it. The fiver's not doing you any good in the driveway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the movie Top Gun was one of the biggest Navy recruiting movies ever..That's the movie that got our son to sign on when he was a Jr. in High School. He graduated June of 1988 and left for Great Lakes boot camp Oct...I cried for hours...I knew very well he would go from boy to man in 6 weeks, and he did. He says, like you, he never regrets his decision....Great photos..I LOVE WARBIRDS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds (Air Force). Missing seeing them each year at Seafirst in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think flying in one of those jets would be one of the top things on both Kevin's and my bucket list.

    A father of one of the boys on our son's baseball team a few years ago was a pilot on the Snowbird Team, the Canadian equivalent of the Blue Angels.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures!!!!! We hope you have a grand weekend with the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes to be young again!..how we would do things differently!

    ReplyDelete