Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Saturday/Sunday Notes.

We have had two gorgeous but cool sunny days in a row. Donna was home until about 04:00PM yesterday and then went in to the Restaurant.

In the morning Saturday she baked a large heart shaped cake that she took to the restaurant for her co-workers.

Found a place that makes those leather wing patches we had back in my flying days.

Wings02-19-12a 

Any of you old flyboys out there want the address send me an e-mail (about  us) they Have them in USN,USMC,USA, USAF in pilot and crew wings. They come with the velcro already on the back.

Since my last post on service dogs I found a couple more,

Watchingfor trouble.jpg

    Downtime

Eli&Colton.jpg

LCPL Colton Rusk was KIA not long ago and his family received permission to bring Eli home to their family, his 12 year old bother Doug is his new best friend.

And for you guys like Donna getting ready for tomorrow mornings commute to work here’s one for you.

Morningcommute.jpg

For those who don’t know those two in front are searching for buried IED’s.

Is this a great country or what?  Thank you all for reading about these hero’s.

Well that’s about it for this weekend we all had a quiet and peaceful one so far here at the ranch, We are ready for another fun filled week, time flies when your havin fun..Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……..

8 comments:

  1. I read a great book by Dean Koontz he had adopted a service dog but it was for dissabilities, anyway great book. Nice jacket.Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog..love the dogs..If you don't mind, I will send the link to your blog to our son, Kelly. He was a Navy vet of the Gulf War. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dogs are incredible and their owners even more so. Thank you for sharing these pictures and reminding each of us how important they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartfelt post... LOVED it!!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing story..thanks for sharing Sam....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in security company, and we had to go first with those mine sweeping beepers like in the picture. We had never heard of IEDs...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Blog Al, I love dogs too.....I didn't like Cats very well and my son Scott knew that....That is why I'm so sure he sent me Ms Megabyte from Heaven.... He sent this stray alley cat to win my heart over,,,,,, I can sure see him smiling down on the situation... She is my Angel kitty alright...You have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sam - check out this link:

    www.dogblog.dogster.com

    They have some great military dog articles and pictures.

    ReplyDelete