Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Happenings.

Up early with my bride this morning then she was off to the truck company and then the restaurant. Since my son is back to work I then had to make sure Nicole was up and at em and had breakfast and then was out to the bustop on time.
I kept busy checking the blogs while all this was going on.
AS you guys all know I have a soft spot in my heart for Lab’s, Just look at how spoiled Rigg’s is and I have been reading and researching their role as military dogs and this has my interest in all military service dogs is pretty high.
I found a couple of pictures you might like.
      Geronimo.jpg 
           Heroes.jpg
These dogs are simply amazing at the things they are trained to do, like parachuting with their handlers. and no question about their loyalty.
It doesn’t surprise me that pictures like this don’t make the grade for publication, just not newsworthy I guess. One More.
Loveatfirstsight.jpg
 You can see the love in that creatures eyes.
Just waiting to see that same look and the licks when Nicole comes through the kitchen door after school, That’s Rigg’s moment each afternoon.
Everyone have a great week and be safe out there. Sam & Donna…….

9 comments:

  1. Loved your pics today..Yes, I guess my mind was on that fact of Ron Santo in the Hall of Fame, post humously...What a rub..He sooo should have been there to celebrate it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those doggy pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    Mike and Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED the doggy pictures! There is so much love in a dog's heart..wish humans could be like them.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics of some mighty fine Labs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing animals with total devotion to their handlers. Fantastic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures, and think that service dogs in all walks of life are true angels. They lead the blind, search for the lost, serve the handicapped, and comfort the lonely, in addition to being an integral part of military forces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After having raised seven Guide Dogs for the Blind, I know first hand of the love and devotion of service dogs. No matter what their calling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Sam. Thanks for reminding us of some unsung heros. Kudos to Judy too. It takes a big heart to raise a dog knowing you will have to give it to someone else.

    ReplyDelete