Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Musings.

Up early with my bride and no coffee again, I am fighting a stomach ailment and want to get it fixed first.

The kid’s got off to school and then I decided since we were out of milk again to make a quick run to the store. Boy those Grands can go through some milk, 2 gallons since Saturday.

On the way back as I was approaching my house on Fiese Rd I saw the Sheriff’s car with the lights flashing and what appeared to be a crash scene right in front of my house blocking my driveway. As I got closer I realized one of the cars was Andy & Samantha’s friend Lisa,who drives a little green Honda Element, evidently as she was slowing and turning into our driveway a lady in a white car couldn’t stop or slow down in time and swerved off the road onto the sidewalk and hit her passenger door. Thank God the Lord was watching over them and nobody was hurt.

Lisa02-01-12e

                             The wreck scene.

Lisa02-01-12j

               Poor Lisa doesn’t look happy.

Lisa02-01-12l

                   View from the driveway.

That was enough excitement for one morning, Lisa came in the house and just had to sit and relax, Rigg’s absolutely adores Lisa and knew right away something wasn’t right and stayed glued to her. Dogs are so smart when it comes to reading a person’s feelings.

Speaking of dogs, Donna & I have just finished a great book titled The Dog is my Shepherd, by David E Fritsche. If you are a dog lover like we are it is a must read. It is written by a relative of our own blogger friend DONNA K. she has a button on her blog telling you how to order it. The dog on the cover is David’s first German Shepherd Heidi, We had a Heidi when I was on the police department, David spent time on the PD also. lot’s of life's parallels in this book I took a picture of the book cover next to our Heidi’s painting before she was killed.

Heidi

The two Heidi’s both hero’s in their own way.

Donna said a hanky is a required accessory. As you all know I am not shy about bragging about my family and pets and Our Heidi deserves recognition, she was killed trying to save a puppy from the road, The pup was thrown clear but the car got her back end. The puppy was our Lab/Husky mix Duke who Heidi had adopted. He had somehow got out front to the highway and Heidi followed him out to get him.

We have always had good luck with animals, they all have had their own personalities but managed to be intelligent and a joy while we were allowed to share their lives.

That’s about it another nice mild sunny day here at the Ranch, and so no one thinks I have a huge ranch like the Ponderosa, it is only 2 acres square, when Donna & I moved here it was nothing but country, not even pizza shops. The guys on my squad at the PD said I was moving to the country so they nicknamed the place, The Weeb Ranch and the name stuck. But it does have a spot to park an RV and fellow bloggers are always welcome to stop for a free spot with electric and water. Deep down were just plain old country people with country dogs. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

8 comments:

  1. That is so sad about Heidi. What a heroine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we parked there!

    Glad nobody was seriously hurt...


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Donna are "one of a kind"...blessings, my friends..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I downloaded the book on my kindle...the dog is my shepherd....before I could start reading it Rick grabbed it so now I have to wait till hes done..he said its a great read...I thought it must be from the 'sniffs' I hear when hes reading...your Heidi was gorgeous...so sorry you lost her....glad noone was hurt in the accident...have a super rest of week...maybe someday we'll make it to the Weeb Ranch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure glad no one was hurt in the accident. Those things can happen so fast.

    Thanks so much for the mention of my brother's book. He poured his heart into that book and I think it will touch the heart of anyone who reads it. So glad to hear some bloggers are picking it up. Thanks again for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Heidi photo is so cool!! Those two dogs sure do look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Russ,,She also had a great nose for tracking and was very aggressive at work. but a real pussy cat with the family. That's why I said there were a lot of parallels in Davis Heidi and ours, and his life's experiences and mine. Sam.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. butterbean carpenterFebruary 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

    Howdy Chief,
    Your Heidi was a REAL HERO, at least to the pup. I always enjoy your blog
    I feel like I know y'all and all of the family, dogs included.. Would you like to have little Nataly come to the Wiebe Ranch for a while??
    She is a doll and I'll bet she and Nicole could really give you a mess of blogs!! Hope everything is going
    great up close to KC!!

    ReplyDelete