Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, June 15, 2012

T.G.I.F.

Was  up at 04:30AM and had coffee with my bride, then she was off to the truck company and the restaurant. I read some blogs, and right at 08:00AM the Electrician drove up and about 10 minutes behind him came a large Cuivre River Electric Co-op truck. We all went around back and the one co-op guy went out to the front to shut the power off at the transformer.

These guys weren’t the same guys that had come out last week when it started sparking.They took the cover off the old box and said wow no wonder,  it’s shorted and the insulation blocks are burnt out, we’ll have to replace and rewire the panel. My electrician said I was lucky if that would have been left like it was it would have caused a fire. I also was lucky, the Co-Op replaces their meter and box at their cost. If I was at my old house where they have Ameren Electric. The whole cost would have been on me, the electrician said it probably saved me about $600, as my total bill for his labor was $280 and only because it turned into a three hour job instead of a one hour job.

newmeter06-15-12b

The Old box is on the right with the radio gear that sends your reading in.

newmeter06-15-12a

                    The Crew hard at work.

newmeter06-15-12c

The new box and all new wiring into the ground. All that is needed to be done is plug the meter in and put the new cover on.

Since I had no power and it was nice and cool at 08:30AM, I went and got John Deere and told him we would run over the grass again this morning so it really looks good for while we’re at the Lake next week. I know he would have rather slept in in a nice garage, but out we went and just after I finished the two acres, the electric crew said they we’re done and I had power again.

After that I was ready to relax and Rigg’s and I got about an hours nap.

Tonight I am going to skip pizza since I am sure we will have it at least once or twice next week. But I am going to heat up some of the sauce I made earlier this week and have some Ravioli’s. Yep a nice touch of Italy.

Tomorrow I will finish stocking Chappie and get my clothes packed.

Then Sunday is Father’s Day so Adam, MY Son Andy and I will celebrate don’t know how yet but we’ll do something.

That’s about it for today, Hope everyone is having a fine week .Be safe out there. Sam & Donna….

8 comments:

  1. So glad you got that fixed before some really serious fire happened. Have a wonderful Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the issue is resolved. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wheeiwwwwiieeee glad you got that fixed!!!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Donna ever jealous of you going in the camper without her..I would be really P-O'd!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice posting about T.G.I.F. I remeber I have visited your blog one more time when you have posted something about Camping

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you had nothing worse then sparks with the electrical box. I am happy to hear that it is replaced and at their expense. Have a great Father's Day tomorrow with the "boys" and enjoy the lake next week.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. For something that is so dangerious they sure took their sweet time in getting out to fix it.... What the He** consitutes an emergency!!? I guess starting a fire is no big deal to them.....
    Glad it is "finally" fixed and you can relax,,,,,enjoy Fathers day!!

    ReplyDelete