Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, June 29, 2012

T.G.I.F.

Was up at 04:30AM with my bride for coffee, then she was off to the truck company and then the restaurant.

About 01:00PM I picked up Adam at his house. I was going to stop at the lake and swim for a few hours but Adam said he wanted to put an upgrade in his XBOX at our house do he said could we swim tomorrow, since it is still going to be over 100 tomorrow I said sure.

Before I left I bought a ball of dough out to thaw for the pizza crust for tonight. It is Friday and so a homemade pizza is in order.

Adam is bumming now because the upgrade is taking so long on his XBOX so you can’t play until it is finished.

It was 104 this afternoon not like the 110 of the other day, I haven’t found out if that set a record or not, but I can tell you that’s pretty darn hot. I looked to see what the temperatures were in Fort Madison Ia. in case I decided to take the trailer up there, it is ten degrees cooler 93-94 with a low in the middle 60’s. Our low last night was 78 and it started climbing as soon as the sun got up. Were supposed to stay in the mid 100’s until Tuesday when the high will be 97.

Not much else to report from the Ranch, we will try to keep cool or get a swim while we can.

Everyone be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

5 comments:

  1. I'm melting, myself, at 105* in Tennessee. I feel like the wicked witch of the west. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man o man, I feel for you with those hot days and nights. I think I'd just sit and slowly roast to death. Hope you and Adam get some swimming in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had 106 here yesterday..and no A/C....but we did get about 3/10" of rain this AM, and more coming tonight..Just as long as we don't have any "rotation" in those storms!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. About 100 here in Rapid City. I remember when I was working in your area in 1980 seeing a sign at Chesterfield Mall that read 114. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 90 here in Custer, SD..thats unusually warm for this early,,,,in fact it seldom gets that warm here all summer. It is also very dry,,,,,,the land is burning up even if its not on fire.....Smokey too, fire about 20 miles north of us at Sheridian Lake. Thankfully its under control...

    Who knows what the rest of the summer will bring... Glad to report it is cool in our new little Cabin, even without a A/C........All that insulation is paying off.
    You and Adam stay cool!!!

    ReplyDelete