Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Meanderings

Was up early for coffee with my bride then she was off to the truck company. Spent the day with my grandson Adam just puttering around the house, then we went down to the garage and took the deck off John Deere, The one idler pulley must have had a bearing seize and broke off it’s shaft at the base of the threads. From the looks of it it is pressed into the bracket from the bottom of the bracket and has a round head, I tried driving it out and it would budge,I then went on the web to the John Deere Parts pages, and it doesn’t even show the pulley and how its mounted on the deck. I guess I will have to load the deck on the back of the truck and take it to the John Deere dealer, I still have to do a couple cuts before the winter season starts, so I hope it can be fixed.

After that Adam played his game until his Mom picked him up on the way home from her work.

He said he is looking forward to being back in school tomorrow.

That’s about it for today. Hope all is well with everybody out there in blog land. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

1 comment:

  1. Most idler pulleys have threaded shafts that also have a Jamb Nut to stop them from coming loose. Another thing most people don't know about idler pulleys is that they have left handed threads not the starndard right hand thread that 95% of bolts and pipes have. Hope that helps, Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete