Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday Musings.

Was up at 04:30AM and had coffee with my bride I then decided Rigg’s and I would need a nap, when I got to the bed I saw he had beat me to it and claimed my spot.

Rigg's10-10-12b

On a more serious note, it is not everyday we take time to think about our men & women serving in our armed forces, we should, every once in awhile something happens that brings that war closer to our homes and hearts. Here is a memo Donna received at work at the truck company about one of her co-workers. It has to be a parents worst nightmare.

Good Morning,

On Monday morning it was brought to my attention that one of our team members Pamela Britt received some terrible news. For those of you that do not recognize the name, Pam is a member of our Food lion Jacobson account.

Pam’s son was severely wounded in an attack early Saturday morning in Afghanistan.   He has lost both legs, has severe burns and injury to his eye.  He was flown to Bethesda, MD on Tuesday.  He will be at Walter Reid Hospital for 10 months to a year.  As you can imagine, this is a horrible time for her and her family.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Pam has taken some time off to be with her son. Due to her length of service Pam does not have PTO available to use.

I would like to see us pull together and support Pam during this difficult time. I have attached a PTO donation form. If you wish to donate some of your time please complete the form and return to me.

If you would like to follow his progress, they have a Facebook page set up “Supporting Tyler Jeffries”  

Thank you for all you do,

557090_177319895738320_748997716_n

               Tyler is in the center.

557593_178031225667187_164289745_n

            At Walter Reed Hospital in Maryland.

Donna only had 1 1/2 days vacation left but she donated them to the Women so she could go to Maryland to be with her Son. Don’t know if they are accepting donations for the family. Here is the url https://www.facebook.com/SupportingTylerJeffries

Please remember him and his family in your prayers tonight, What a brave young man. Everyday of freedom we all enjoy in this great country has a price paid for by our young service people.

Personally I look at that young mans face and remember the young faces of many young men I served with many years ago. The bright smiles and happy faces of guys having a great time doing what they knew could be dangerous but doing it nonetheless.God Bless them all.

Well that’s about it for today I hope everyone is having a great day and just be careful out there. Sam & Donna..

 

6 comments:

  1. They sure do look young don't they? I will keep him in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you Tyler. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so sorry to hear of young Tyler. Will keep him in my prayers. So nice of Donna to donate what time she had left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH My this brings back memories from the Viet Nam era.... I can only hope he will be able to learn to cope with his injuries.......... May God give him strength and peace....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice of you to do this blog Al and dedicate it to this young man...May God give him the strength to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyler will be added to our prayers. We are so grateful for his service and sacrifice for us.

    ReplyDelete