Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Meanderings.

Was up at 04:30AM and had coffee with my bride, and then she was off to the truck company. Rigg’s was already waiting for me on my bed for his after Mom leaves nap.

The rain stopped and the sun came out so I decided to go out and  finish what I started on the fiver yesterday, the lines are all blown out and pink stuff added, the slide in in tight.I disconnected the the ac power, to the converter and connected the Maintainer directly to the two batteries. So now it will not boil them over the winter. This system worked great from Nov until march when I got the trailer started for our trip to Florida. last year.

Now all I have left is getting the cover on and I may wait until Kevin and Ruth get here since Kevin is skinny and my son is too. I won’t have to worry about to much weight up there and they can roll it out and I will tie it off at the bottom. If you remember I won this cover in a drawing from Kevin & Ruth Last year so this will be the first it goes on, it is still in the box brand new.

I will be batching it for supper tonight. Donna has been invited on a girls night out with one of the women that used to work with her. She looks forward to these nights, and God knows she can use the fun and relaxation. I will have my buddy Miller, ( High Life) here to keep me company so it won’t be bad.

I have already decided besides having to get John Deere out for some plowing, I am going to make sure we have enough rations in the pantry, so if we get snow, the truck will stay in the garage until the roads are clear. If my Son Andy is off work he can take John and go clear driveways in the subdivisions across and behind us, even at $15 dollars a driveway he can make some pretty good change and get a bunch of return customers from the older people. I equipped John with an orange flashing strobe light on a pipe behind the seat and it already had halogen headlights so he will be visible to anyone else out there in the snow.

Today the kid’s won’t shovel a drive for less than $20 or $30 and he can do a better job faster with the plow and a blower to clean up with.

That’s about it for today. I hope everyone is having a great week. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna….

7 comments:

  1. Burr, can't imagine clearing driveways during the winter, I would freeze to death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you expecting that much snow right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully not before December, but I want to be ready early. Sam...

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear Donna is having a night out with the girls. You take care now and have a good bachelor supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shot my first wild hog last night Sam,,,,A big boar! I dropped him on the spot with my AR 15 with the red dot scope.... I was happy as a kid.....77 years old and still can feel like a kid!! Amazing isn't it? Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like time for a pig roast to me, I wonder how those big wild ones taste.Way to go. Sam....

      Delete
  5. Notlooking forward to the snow...I sure hope we can get outa here for a while...

    ReplyDelete