Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesday/Wednesday Musings.

We were up both mornings at 04:30AM and had our morning coffee, Then Donna headed out to the truck company and then did some shopping on the way home. I just spent a lazy day at home and when Donna got home she surprised me with some KFC dead chicken for us.

Today she is off to the truck company and then the restaurant.

Ever had one of those days that was a complete screw up from the start. When I was having coffee Donna told me to make sure and call Adam at 12:30PM. She also sent me an e-mail from work reminding me.

So at the prescribed time I called him and first thing he said, was ‘”Grandpa where are you, you were supposed to pick me up at the bus stop at 12:30. “ I told him it’s 12:30 now and the message I was given was to call you. Just start walking toward your house and I will leave now and be out there as soon as I can. it usually takes about 35-45 minutes to make the drive, and it’s a good 2 mile walk from the bus stop to Adam’s house, When I got there he was still about 1/2mile from the house on the dirt road that goes back from the street. Boy was he glad to see me.

They are having teacher conferences on Thurs-Fri.so they got an early dismissal today and don’t have to be back until Monday. So of course Adam wanted to spend the long weekend at Grandpa & Grandma’s house.

Today is a beautiful sunny day currently 81 degrees out, I told Adam I would let him run John Deere around the back yard if the ground is dry enough from yesterdays rain.

Not much else going on around the Ranch. The pooches are laying on the floor in the sun and snoozing. Not a care in the world.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……..

6 comments:

  1. Really hate days like that. And I've had many in my years. Left son at school, at flag football, at the pool. Left his Dad at work cause I forgot I had the only vehicle. And I could go on. Thank goodness they both forgave me and didn't make me promise that it wouldn't ever happen again. They knew better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a lazy day at home. We've got one of those too! Nice you're enjoying the sun and some warmth. We've got some sun, but the temps are in the 40's and 50's. Take care and thanks for not taking sides on Donna's blog post about Dummies! Say nice things to Riggs for me, o.k.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Sam and Donna, Glad you're still having some good weather. Fall has arrived here in Petaluma, California for sure. Almost coat weather. Have a great time with Adam and the doggies this weekend!

    May I share with you what's been keeping me from reading and commenting on blogs lately?

    "This Restless Life: a study of Central Coast California parks through photography, interpretive collage and stories" is a book project of which I'm in the midst. If you have the time and the inclination, would you take a look at my short video to learn more about the project? If you like the project, would you share it with your network of friends and family? Thank you sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now those 80 degree temps are sounding pretty nice. I'm cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 82 over here on the left coast of Mo.... You did what you were told, not your fault on the mess up with Adam.. Too bad on our Cards....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello from Panama City, Florida this morning...The weather has been real nice for the 3 weeks we been here...Heading West this morning....... Will visit Ms Pats son in Slidell, LA tonight,,,he has some fresh SEAFOOD for us to enjoy!!! Then on to Rollie and Gina's for the week end...We're roughin it in style..... You take care Sam and be safe out there!!

    ReplyDelete