Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, August 3, 2012

T.G.I.F.

Rigg’s and I were up at 06:00AM, I didn’t have coffee since this morning I had my every 3 month Doctors visit. so I never eat anything before I go so he gets an accurate measure on my blood work to check on how the medication is working.

I got a good report, he said my numbers were great again and congratulated me on losing 5 lbs, he also did another ultrasound on my feet  and said the blood flow is still good. I told him the medication for the foot pain isn’t doing anything, and he said keep on it for another month and if it doesn’t help he will change it. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that that pain will be with me for the rest of life. He did say the water in the pool and Lake is good therapy for my feet so at least until October I will be able to swim until the weather gets cold.Then he said see ya in 3 months, so I am good for another 3000 miles or so.

Tonight is pizza night here at the Ranch so, My son and his girlfriend and I Will enjoy a couple of pies.

Everyone have a great weekend, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

8 comments:

  1. I don't understand something. You told the doctor the meds weren't working and he told you to wait a month? Why is that when your in pain? Other then that Congrads on your health...cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the good news reports from doctor's offices. But I do have to wonder about why they keep pushing meds when they don't seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you take alpha lipoic acid?? If not you should really try it. It's standard procedure for treating diabetic neuropathy in Germany, though of course our FDA won't approve something so simple. I get mine from Vitacost online, the 600mg. and take two capsules a day. I've been doing that for several years now and no sign of neuropathy...not even a tingle. Chances are your doctor has never even heard of it since medical schools don't teach doctors about things not officially approved by the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry. And doctors and PAs are just too busy to read up on studies about alternative treatments. One must do their own research and the Internet is great for that, though a lot of things I read about in books first and then continue the research online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should listen to the above comment...Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the alpha lipoic acid as suggested in the comment above, and it didn't make much difference in my Neuropathy pain. And yes it will be with us for the rest of our lives as it is from damaged nerves.. I use two different meds at the same time at bed time to help me sleep... Doesn't make the pain go away but makes me forget about it.... A good MIller might do the same thing....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rod send me a PM with the names of the pills you are taking Thanks Sam..

      Delete
  6. I recommend Rod's prescription - another Miller Lite before bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have neuropathy. Here's what I take. Vitamin b-12 injectable, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Evening Primrose oil. And the best of all, benfotiamine. You will need a scrip for the b-12, (or you can buy it in a sublingual pill OTC), but all else is available OTC. This regimen takes a few weeks to work, but it does. Is all the pain gone? No, but it's sure better than before.

    ReplyDelete