Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday Musings.

Up at 04:30AM for coffee with my bride then she was off to the truck company and Rigg’s and I got our after breakfast nap.

It was another beautiful day here at the Ranch, sunny, high in the mid 90’s, I had to laugh one of my buddies, Mark who is on the campground committee with me at the Lake. Asked if I was going to camp this weekend for the Labor Day weekend, I told him look at the forecast, it is supposed to rain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with partly cloudy skies Monday. Needless to say after four months of virtually no rain now the weekend  might be dismal. He said he has six days off and will probably go anyway. I wish him luck maybe they will be sporadic showers with sun in between like in Florida.

Pretty much stayed inside all day, I remembered at the last minute I had used up Rigg’s last food this morning and hadn’t made it to the store. He gets a half a cup in the morning and then another half cup at supper time. Donna called and said she was not working the restaurant tonight so she said she would stop and get him a small bag of food and I will pick up a big bag at the store tomorrow.

Been watching my train movies on and off, I check the news once in awhile for hurricane news, but I can’t stomach, all the politicking and political ads.You mean with the millions of people in this country, this is the best we can come up with to run for an office as important as President, pretty depressing.

196174_3618028764144_820031906_n

Here would have been my choice if he were alive.

With Donna coming home I will have to think of something for supper tonight, I have several choices of frozen or stir fry bag meals. Sounds like a winner.

The pups are laying under the fan again, this is their time out time and take full advantage of it.

That’s about it for today, I hope everyone is doing fine out there. Be safe, Sam & Donna……..

6 comments:

  1. I would have thought that a dog the size of Rigg's would eat more than one cup of food a day. Even Emma, who is less than half the size eats a cup and a half. Maybe your cup is bigger than 8 oz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes I use one of those plastic 20 oz to go soda cups, not a measuring cup. We were just giving him a full cup in the morning but the Vet suggested to smaller feedings to try to curb his begging.I don't thin k Labs ever stop thinking of food. Sam & Donna...

      Delete
  2. With an election every two years does the politicking ever stop? Keep enjoying those train movies and I guess the rain will bring you some cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Riggs on a diet? Too bad about the weekend forecast but I guess the rain will be good for your area. Sure does seem like slim pickin's in the political arena lately (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to add that Tucker gets 2 cups of food in the morning and 2 again at dinner time..and a bedtime cookie..that's it for him..I would have thought that Rigg's would eat more than that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful Sam, all that excitement will get ya.... Ya thats a big cup!! Rigs will not starve, Sam would never let that happen. Heck, I think us humans do our share of thinkin and talkin about FOOD.... Be safe, Sam..

    ReplyDelete