Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Meanderings.

Was up at 04:30AM with my bride for coffee, then Rigg’s and I grabbed a short nap. Donna had to go back to work today at the truck company, I know she wasn’t looking forward to that. After it started warming up this morning I went down and emptied the fridge and freezer in the fiver and transferred everything to the fridge in the basement.

Then I shut it off, first time since the beginning of May and let it defrost, never realized how much ice they accumulate, I had to take towels and clean and dry the inside and leave the doors wide open to let it air dry overnight.

Then I packed the clean clothes I had in the closets and brought them in. Donna will have to bring her stuff in on the weekend. If I use it again before winter we will just pack a couple f overnight bags for the trip. if not I can blow out all the lines and winterize it and put the winter battery maintainer on it and unplug the converter.

The fiver was used a total of about 9 weeks this summer and so far it has performed flawlessly, however before the next long trip I have to pull the wheels and check and repack the bearings and brakes, and it is due for a set of tires. It will be okay for a  local trip to the Lake or Columbia MO. but before we head to Florida all this will have to be done.

Yesterday John Deere and I spent about 3 hours cutting all the grass and catching up on the yard work. Just as I was finishing the deck belt either jumped off or broke, but since I was done I just drove him into the garage and put him in his stall. I can fix it later in the week inside the warm garage.

So far Sadie & Rigg’s are making up for lost playtime running around this place like a couple of wild men. Sure is nice to see the rugs slide under their feet as they try to stop before the hit the fireplace.

Laundry has to be caught up next, boy being away a week means work when you get home. Well that’s about it for today, Hope everyone out there is enjoying the cooler weather and the beginning of Fall. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

2 comments:

  1. I hate coming home..It's sure lots of work to unload for the Winter...Den will winterize our Hiker pretty soon...Not sure if we will get anywhere this Winter, though..Hope you get away to Florida!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a good time and met up with many of your blogging friends at the Rally. Sure looked like lot's of fun and nice that you and Donna had some time away together. Can feel the change in seasons here also.

    ReplyDelete