Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday Mumblings.

We were up early for coffee, then about 09:00Am I started getting everything ready for leaving , dumping and flushing the tanks, antenna down, chairs and table put away, hoses rolled up and stowed. Donna took care of getting the stuff inside made travel ready.

Last night Donna wanted to dine out so we went to Applebee’s. my opinion is the place is very overpriced and the portions are small, I don’t think we will be going to another one.

About 10:00AM we left the fairgrounds and had a leisurely 2 1/2 hour drive home. all went well and we arrived at the ranch at 12:30PM.

Goinghome09-22-12a

                      Leaving the fairgrounds.

Rigg’s was happy to get home and see Sadie. Then he went to his spot on the kitchen floor next to my chair and reclaimed it.

ohboyi'mhome09-22-12a

     Oh Boy. Dad I’m Home in my spot again.

All in all the Escapee’s Rally was a great time and we both thoroughly enjoyed it, I know Donna enjoyed meeting the people we met, and had a lot less stressful week and actually had a couple of glasses of wine during the week. I made sure that I got my Minimum Daily Requirement of Miller High Life Light each day. Rigg’s just had a ball and had to be the center of attention wherever we went. He is such an attention hound.

Well now for the unpacking, and I am going to defrost the fridge for the first time all summer, and then just sit around and relax, Tomorrow I have to catch up on the grass cutting. Nothing gets done when you are away. Everyone be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

9 comments:

  1. That sure looked like a fun and busy week...McGyver is now in the cornfields so looks like the John Deere and myself will mow our acre tomorrow...big woop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Applebees. Never had a bad meal there. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

    We made it to a little north of Columbus Ohio today. Parked for the night in a Flying J.

    As Angela said, glad you all made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to an Applebee's once in Sierra Vista & will not be going to another one. Food wasn't the best & I found the loud music & noise very annoying. Besides, I don't care for the atmoshere in places that mix booze & food anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riggs looks so happy to be home and in his spot. But I bet he had a really great time. He deserves all the attention he got. Glad Donna got to relax and enjoy herself. When's the next trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably next spring. Don't think my job is going to let me go again for a while even though I have 5 weeks vacation. Plus winter will be here soon (yuck).
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Glad you guys had a great time, always nice to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to Applebees last night. Besides the spicy stuff I can't have it's not bad. We go because the portions are SMALLER. We're trying not to gain weight and most restaurants give you too much which is a big temptation to not bring half of it home.

    I'm so glad you like the Escapade. It's quite the rally. See you in the spring!

    ReplyDelete