Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Mumblings.

Was up with my bride at 06:00AM and had our coffee, then she laid down with Rigg’s for a nap and I went in the the guest room to watch a train movie, that was good for a couple hour nap for me.
Donna left around 09:30AM for a shift at the restaurant she said she was getting off around 04:30PM.
Adam spent the morning and then his Dad took him to a football game  at noon. Haven’t heard of they won or lost yet.
Did some cleaning in the trailer, dog hair to sweep out and I stripped the bed and let the mattress air out I opened the windows up as it was a nice sunny day to air out the whole fiver, also The blanket Rigg’s uses to keep the hair off the couch needed to be aired out also. It should be like brand new when we leave for the Rally Saturday morning.
We are two hours and twenty minutes from Sedalia, so it will be a leisurely ride.
I have a feeling Rigg’s is getting the idea that something is coming as he was whining the whole time I was in the trailer. you know his trailer.
You all know he is my bestus pal, and I am a big fan now of Labrador Retrievers. but when I met Donna we both had German Shepherds and when we got married I had to give the male I had, named, Fritz to my Sgt. because he would not get along with Donna’s male,the two big males would positively not get along. I still have a soft spot in my heart for police dogs, especially German Shepherds, but Labs have really taken off as service dogs due to there uncanny sense of smell and being able to detect IED bombs. Here are a couple of doggie pictures you might like.
Endofshift.jpg
This big boy above looks exactly like our last male Sir Coal, he got that name because his dark face and markings made him look like he just crawled out of a coal bin.
Deptofhomesecurity.jpg
The two smaller ones look like female’s Donna & I had a female Heidi who was every bit as aggressive as any male I ever saw if not more so. She would have made a good addition to this team.
Yep dog’s sure get a hold of you and you never forget the loyalty and love they give you , just for some love in return. Donna and I have been so fortunate to have had such intelligent and well behaved animals come into our lives. If the truth is known though, Donna is the number one trainer in this family I think she just has more patience than I do. Did I tell you Heidi could understand commands in German and English.
I think I will put Rigg’s Navy neckerchief on him at the Rally I will bet a lot of people who are blog readers will know him before they do us. He is such an attention hound.
Well that’s about it for now, I just realized that Whiteman Air Force base is close to Sedalia so maybe I’ll get JIM from Tumbleweed to take a ride out there with me, He is an Air Force retiree so he might be interested in it. That it the base where the Stealth fighters and bombers operate out. My Son knew a Stealth fighter pilot who told him of missions where they would leave Whiteman fly to Bagdad and carry out a mission and then fly back to MO. refueling twice each way in flight. Can only guess how fast they flew.
Well that’s it for today waiting for the bride to get home , don’t know what we will do yet for supper. Would like to go out so there is no cooking or mess here.
Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……

6 comments:

  1. Big or small - makes no difference. I love dogs. Never have had a big dog (our beagle was the largest) but I just have to love on every one I see.

    Hey Sam - you need to come to Ely, NV and take their week long Reality Railroad Camp. You even get to drive one of the steam or diesel engines. We rode today and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing like the unconditional love you get from a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not surprised that Donna is the trainer in your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are the best..can't imagine our home (sticks or RV) without one. They love no matter what, doesn't matter what you do, how you look, how you smell, they luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all dogs, Sam, but my two labs, Lizzie (now gone) and Jack were the apples of our eyes when Rich was alive, and I don't know how I would have made it without them after he died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Riggens sure is one big spoiled pup! And little sassy Sadie keeps him in line! (and you too!)

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete