Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts,

Another cloudy cold day here in Scranton, this morning I noticed one of my prescriptions was down to about 6 pills, it is for Metoprolo which I take one at supper each evening and it is to prevent my diabetes prescription from doing damage to my kidneys. A pill to keep another pill from killing you, makes sense to me. Anyway in my home area of St Charles County MO. there is a Walgreens on every corner just about. I know of 4 within 3 miles of the house, 2 in O’Fallon, 1 in Lake St Louis and 1 in Wentzville. Anyway Scranton has one, it is about as far on the other side of town as you can get. CVS is the dominant drug store out here with about the same ratio as we have in Walgreens. So off I go about 11:00am to refill this scrip. as soon as I got there the girl said We will have to call your doctor, I said it says two more refills right on the bottle, well it did, but it said before 10-19-10 and it is now Nov. I said I’ll walk around the store, while you do that, an hour later I get paged and the same girl says I left a voicemail and they haven’t called back yet, do you want us to text you when it is ready, I said okay I will go get some lunch and check back, still unwilling to admit more than one trip would be needed. I went to lunch, read the paper and after about another hour, it was 01:30pm I went back to check still, no call back. I asked her to call and leave another message, I am now home at 05:00PM and have received two text messages saying my prescription is still not filled, Glad I had enough for six days as it looks like it will take that long to fill it.
Tonight we are having a pot roast, no not a marijuana roast, a beef pot roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables. Boy that one will be a tough act to follow tomorrow.
PotRoast11-09-10a
           Pot Roast ready to fall apart.
The smells alone in the kitchen make your mouth water, That’s about it for today. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

Hi Everyone its Donna
It's that time of the year, fire up the ovens on the cool autumn days.  Here's a quick and easy
recipe I thought you would enjoy.
Pumpkin bars
1 cup oil                                              1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs                                                  1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar                                        2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups canned pumpkin                       2 cups flour

Cream oil,, eggs, sugar. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well
Pour into 15x10 ungreased jelly roll pan
Bake 20 25 minutes at 350

Frosting
3 oz cream cheese             6 tbls margarine
1 teaspoon milk                  1 tsp vanilla
2 cups confections sugar
Cream all together, I generally cream the cheese and margarine then add the others
Spread on cooled bars.

You can substitute applesauce and works just as well

You can also pour batter into large muffin pans and make muffins and w/o the icing
(or with depending on how you like your sweets) makes a great morning treat w/ coffee.

10 comments:

  1. One of our biggest problems on the road is refilling RX's...Especially when we were camping in Ajo, AZ..and the nearest WalMart was almost 100 miles away...Had the same deal happen to us..We finally left and came back the next week....I was NOT a happy camper cause I ran out of my pills...Ya gotta be a real "bitcher" sometimes and that was one of them...Your "Wacky Tobbacky" potroast looks great...we need smelloblogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We called our dr. in NJ today about calling local Georgia WalMart to get refills. The girl in the office repeated the phone number and got it wrong twice. I gave it to her again. I should have asked her to repeat it back again. I just know we will get to WalMart tomorrow and they never heard of us. At least Leonard has enough for 6 more days!

    I sure hope yours get relayed in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam..yeah it is scary when you get low on prescrips. Hope they get it tomorrow. I have called my Dr's office for them before..and handed them the phone..just sayin..lol

    Donna..love the recipe..will print this out and try to make them next week.Thank you!!

    Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth was watering all the way up here just looking at that roast! Wow, and then I had to look at Donna's recipe for Pumpkin Bars! Thanks for the recipe, Donna, they sound terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion was going to have them call while you were standing there. I have had it where "they" said they called and then I called and the doctor had not heard from them or even got a fax.

    I was at Wal-Mart today and got frustrated with the gal waiting on me in the pharmacy. She was just down right rude to me. I am thinking of calling the manager but will probably just let it go ~ better on the blood pressure that way. When I go back on Thursday to pick up the prescriptions if she is that way with me then I will just ask for the manager right then.

    The pumpkin bars sound wonderful. I am going to make them once I am back in the motor home - hopefully Friday!

    Take care and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Donna..we need smelloblogging..the 'pot roast' looks delcious!!!..and as for the pumpkin bars..double yummy..going to have to try those ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck getting that prescription filled. Is it becoming harder and harder to get our medicine these days? Anyway, I love a falling-apart roast. I know you'll all enjoy dinner thoroughly. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Donna for the recipe - looks delicious! Love pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How frustrating for you. Hope you are able to get the prescription filled today. It's a pain when you have to drive out of your way and then still not accomplish what you set out to do.

    Donna, the recipe sounds delicious. I might try that with gluten free flour and see how it turns out. Thanks!

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna - I made those bars today - I've had the recipe ever since I saw Paula Deen make them on TV - they are sooooo good. What a coincidence that you made them, too!

    ReplyDelete