Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday Happenings.

Another nice sunny day here at the Ranch in Dardenne Prairie. Donna has the night watch at the restaurant and Rigg’s and I are off.

How about a couple of throwbacks.

Wm & Peg Weibel11-15-42

My Grandfather and Grandmother, Wm. and Margaret Weibel 11-15-1942.

GRandpa W.&Dad1942

Grandpa Weibel and My Dad Bing Weibel 1942.

UncleFrancis&Mom1944

My Uncle Francis Genett and My Mom.1944.

The picture of my Dad was taken the day before he went to basic training in the Army. Spent the next 4 years in the Pacific.

The album this came from has some pictures from the war of planes they flew in Australia, Morotai, and other islands.They always slept in tents set up on wood platforms, Dad said he never saw a barracks until he was back in the states. No wonder he wanted me to go in the Navy.I’ll scan some, the nose art is really something, could never get away with that in the political correct times we live in now.

That’s about it for today,Hope all is well with all our friends and family , Be safe. Sam & Donna……..

2 comments:

  1. What a nice looking family. Always enjoy the old photos. Looking forward to the nose art post.

    ReplyDelete