Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, February 21, 2014

T.G.I.F.

Along with the mild temps we had yesterday and today it brought with it high winds yesterday afternoon and night. up to 60 mph, you could her it inside like a rumbling noise, This morning when I let Rigg’s out I noticed that back screen door must have been blown open and when it blew shut it bent and broke the edge piece between the two doors,(it’s a double door). So this morning I took it apart and managed to peen the edge back into shape and then make new holes and screw it back together, works better than new.It is in the 50’s today and sunny and is supposed to be the same tomorrow. Then the highs will drop into the 20’s and 30’s again for the week. My Son Sam (the oldest) who lives in New York City will be in St Louis on Thursday for a business meeting so Donna and I will meet him after his meetings for dinner. Wish he could stay longer but he is scheduled to go somewhere else right away. Maybe he can get some vacation soon.

We are still up in the air on a trip for us, I don’t want to go anywhere until it is warm enough for us to sit in a war, pool or ocean. Donna isn’t much for oceans so we may pick a nice resort type campground with suana and pool, and stay there. Memphis  is nice after May 1st weather wise and there is a lot we didn’t see or do the last time we were there.

Plus we have to see what the money situation is like since we are going to the Escapade in May and those are expensive.

Tonight is pizza night, and I think I will order one in, since I didn’t thaw any dough.

That’s about it for today. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

4 comments:

  1. How about the Racoon Valley Escapees park? It has a pool and isn't too far from Smoky Mountain NP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will order a pizza in tomorrow night. I tried to make a pizza in my "Barbie oven", ...not so much. Better to let the "pizza Gods that be" make them...Keep making those plans...that' s what keeps me going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Judy. There is a lot to do in the area. Loved Cades Cove. There is also Pigeon Forge and Dollywood if you like that kind of stuff. She made a great suggestion. Escapees Park are quite reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had pizza for lunch (not homemade!). Hope you and Donna get a trip in. A resort type sounds pretty good about now.

    ReplyDelete