Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday Meanderings.

Another great day for the weekend, sunny and lots of warm air, by noon it was 79 degrees, hope it stays like this, I put shorts and a tee shirt on and went down to the garage and fiver to do a couple of projects, first I took the battery maintainer off the fiver and plugged it into life support so the converter would run and then checked the meter inside and it showed both 120volt and 12 volts systems working normally, I then ran the slide out and made room to start a good clean up before we hit the road, I also stowed two small tables that Donna had put inside on the couch into one of the side compartments. Let the screen door open to air out the inside after being shut for the winter. After it charges overnight I will check the fridge and make sure it runs on gas and electric, and then fill the water tanks and change the valve for the bypass system so the water heater will fill, then I can test the pump and have all the systems ready, Also the stove and propane levels must be checked.

I then went into the garage and took the air compressor apart, a fitting was leaking air as fast as it would make it. I had to take the covers off, and then tightened and checked all the fittings then I fired it up and it ran up to 130lbs where it kicked off, I let some air out and it kicked back on so it is now working fine and I will be able to air up tires and use air tools again.

I see two of our Canadian friends have made it safely home, Al & Kelly have arrived back in Bayfield ON. and Rene & Jean have made it back to B.C. Only a couple left down here in the warmer states.

We are anxiously awaiting our trip next month to the Escapade.I still have to take the Duramax in and put 4 tires on it, last year I put 4 tires on the fiver, so we will be pretty well set for this year once the truck is done.

That’s about it for today, Hope all is well with all our friends out there. Be safe. Sam & Donna……

3 comments:

  1. 79F? Now that's what I'm talking about! Finally you guys are getting some decent weather...hope it lasts!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always get my blood pumping faster when we start getting ready to take off. We can't leave for another month but my itch hitch is really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a touch of that warmer weather, too, Sam..but tomorrow all will change..colder wind and snow...just great.

    ReplyDelete