Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Musings.

It finally warmed up a little today, been sunny and the temperature reached 42 degrees, Andy took Sadie to the doggie park but Rigg’s couldn’t go. Tomorrow it is supposed to reach 52 before dropping back into the teens for Monday. We are pretty well used to the cold temps and just don’t go anywhere unless we have to and then it’s usually either the drug store or Grocery store.

Rigg's01-25-14a

Rigg’s is snoozing during his afternoon nap.

Rigg’s is so good even when he can’t stay out when it’s really cold out. He plays with his sister and gets his pets from Mom & Dad.

I mentioned I was looking at a used Laze Boy recliner, ended up buying it for $50 dollars, hardly no wear or tears on it and it has the 10speed massager and a heater in it. Everything works, I put  train tape in and recline it with the heat on low and I am lucky to last 15 minutes before I am sleeping, At this rate it will take forever to go through my train collections.Of course I have over 100 dvd’s.

Rigg’s would like nothing better than to try it out like the recliner in our fiver, but so far I have told him no, he already sleeps on the couch.

Donna is working the restaurant tonight, and then tomorrow the day shift at Walgreens.

I am thinking of taking a nap like Rigg’s is doing. if I do he will come in and lay on the guest bed with me.

Hope all is well with all our friends out there.Be safe. Sam &Donna………

7 comments:

  1. When your stretched out in that recliner Sam you need to get Rigg's stretched out right on top of you. It's a great way to stay warm on cold winter days...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a super comfy recliner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 minutes? If Jim sat in your recliner it wouldn't take 2 minutes and he would be out. You need more practice. Scooter said to tell Riggs to come to AZ and play outside in the sunshine like she does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recliner & naps go hand in hand. Looks really comfy. I just left PA last Sunday headed to FL to beat the snow. I'll take 60+ degrees days anytime compared to what they are getting. When I lived there, I didn't want to go out in the cold either. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Al's idea....it would be a "lab coat"!!!!! hardeeharrrharrrrrr!!!!!!! Paging Doctor Weibel----

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's how our son-in-law sleeps..with Bogie the dog stretched out on top of him...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam and Donna, the four of us need a change in location next winter!!! We are hoping to get out of west-central IL by November -- TM plans on working until October; I'll be done after school ends this year. Enjoy that recliner with a cozy blanket today...cold, cold again!

    ReplyDelete