Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday & Monday Meanderings.

Yesterday (Sunday) was so slow I forgot until bedtime to post a blog, Donna went in from 10:00AM until 04:00PM at the restaurant. I had to go shopping since we were out of Milk, beer and I wanted to get some fresh meat for dinner, although I don’t like Walmarts meat, I needed a pair of Jammies, and a bathrobe, I had outgrown my last bathrobe I got as a Christmas present 20 years ago, Can you believe that. Got a pair of jammies for $13 but Walmart doesn’t carry bathrobes. So on the way home I stopped at JC Penney's. I love that store they always have great sales, when I got to the bathrobes, there was a sign 70% off, so a $23.99 bathrobe was a little over $8.00. Then another 70% off sign popped up as I was walking by a display of lined moccasins, $24 dollars regular, now $8.06. So for a little over $17 I got out of there with my bargoons. Wish I would have waited on the jammies as I might have gotten a better deal on them. I really like JC Penney's.

Chris got home  and then him and Nicole worked around the house doing some cleaning with their Mom.They really did a good job and I was going to give them a $5 allowance for all their work , but their Mom said no, they made the mess, so I will wait until I have a chore for them and then they will get it.

Today (Monday) started out as a sunny and nice day, it is supposed to get into the middle 60’s today. After Nicole and Chris were off to school. I took Donna’s car for an oil change. Oh yeah, Donna was feeling wore out and breathing slow so she decided she needed a rest day and took off today from the truck company, no restaurant tonight either, Nobody will hear me complain.

So far not much else going on going to just take advantage of a nice day. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

10 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the meat from Walmart. Their hamburger is just plain yukky! Glad Donna took a night off - she deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be hard to beat those deals. Never care to buy meat at Walmart either. Nice to hear Donna took a day off hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to run out to Penneys. I have always liked their stores, especially the ones in N. Virginia. They don't have as much sales help as they used to so it's not easy if you have a question, but then no stores have enough help these days.

    I have rarely had a good shopping experience at Walmart, anywhere, for buying anything. I tend to stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad to see Donna take a day off!!! I hope she had a REAL day off and didn't spend it with housework.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're not chasing poor Donna around with that pancake flipper again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A day off for Donna is a great day. I don't buy meat at WalMart either. Especially the beef. Have always liked Penny's. Did you see where they are not going to be having any more sales? Just low low prices. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a good deal at Penney's, maybe they will sell out and stop those dang annoying commercials. People screaming is not was I want on my TV!
    hope Donna gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent bargoons..for sure....hope donna feels better soon...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Penny's. I don't know about there but Our Penny's.......no more coupons..... Just great low prices every day and some monthly sales...

    Glad Donna took a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to mention about the commercials too!!! Good Lord they are BAD,,,and Annoying!! Make me so mad I say I'll never go near their place again!!! I like JC's too, how could they do such stupid commercials.....Geez

    ReplyDelete