Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Meanderings

W were up about 06:00AM for our morning coffee, Donna did some more baking, she started a gluten free cake for our guests that are coming. I had some photo work to do sorting pictures and making sure all were backed up on my two picture back up drives.

A little before noon Donna and I went out to do some yard work it was 70 degrees and just a small breeze. I got John Deere out and started on the grass, Donna took her small chain saw and a weed eater to do some trimming. We worked until about 03:30PM and got most all the grass cut and the area around the Trailer pad trimmed so I can leave the slide out for awhile. I have to repair some spots in the floor so I will need the slide all the way out.

I have decided to have Kevin and Ruth park their Motor Home in front of the one garage bay, as I have a 30 amp outlet inside and although it is supposed to be cooler all week when they get here who knows the temperature may go back up, so I have enough 10 gauge extension to reach outside, so you can run your Air conditioner if you have to, That’s where I move my trailer to if I am going to precool it before we go on vacation.

Both of us are whipped after working outside, you would think the nice fresh air would help. Were just not used to it after it being so hot for the last month and a lot of the yard stuff was put off.

Hope everyone had a a good holiday weekend, we have had just great weather and great food/ Tonight my son Andy said he would fire up the grill and make some BBQ’s chicken kabobs, I for one am looking forward to some of them and some left over Au Gratin’s from last night and of course I’ll finish it off with a piece of sugar free apple pie with one scoop of vanilla ice, cream. I have never heard of anyone walking away from a Weibel house hungry. We even eat good on the road. Plus since it is a holiday I may have a couple extra High Life Lights. Is this a great country or what?

Everyone Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……

5 comments:

  1. Reading your blog always makes me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just opened my Miller's High Life, and will salute you this Labor Day. Pie and ice cream sounds about as good as it gets though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like good cooks run in the family!!
    I suspect all that yard work wore you guys out even if the temps were pretty decent. Lots of hard work but I bet it looks very nice!!
    Take care and enjoy that wonderful meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew you wore me out just reading your post ~ glad you got your yardwork done. Have fun with Kevin & Ruth!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are the best host and hostess! --- will be fun to read about meeting with your new guests!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steveio
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete