Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.


Friday, March 1, 2013


Was up at 04:30AM and had coffee with my pretty bride, then she was off to the truck company and then to the restaurant.

Did I mention it was snowing pretty hard and we had a couple of new inches of snow before she left. Here’s what Donna had to say about her 05:30AM commute,

“Roads were horrible this morning.

They made the excuse last Thursday there was too much traffic.

Winghaven, 40, 94, 364 all snow covered and slick….didn’t see one modot truck”..

Rigg’s and I decided since it was snowing it was nap time.

It stopped in the middle of the morning and by noon the roads were clear and the temps were 35 so it was starting to melt again.

My son will be going to pick up Adam for the weekend at 03:00PM Adam was snowbound last weekend so he really wants a weekend at Grandpa’s house. Saturday his Dad will take him to some motorcycle event in St Louis. He is excited about that, What boy wouldn’t be.

Got the dough thawing and rising for pizza night here at the Ranch, A large square Pa. style cheese pizza is planned.

The highway department sent a guy to temporarily fix the mailbox, he came up to the house to let me know what was going on When he came to the back door Rigg’s went into his guard dog bark and jumping at the door. The guy was hesitant to come in but I told him once your in he will be licking you, sure enough Rigg’s made a new instant friend. Labs are not normally good guard dogs but Rigg’s  will sound off  and look aggressive until it’s time to meet. The highway guy said the contractor that rebuilt the street put all the boxes directly in the concrete slabs, so if they were knocked down it was impossible to get the broken stub out. He put a temporary box up so we can get mail and said they will be back with a concrete saw to make a square and then put a new post in stone, dirt , and concrete. That way if it ever has to be changed again they just dig it out.

Just got a call from the computer repair guy, He said my problem was the version of Windows 8 I downloaded for $39.99 is corrupted. He thinks that version is different than the one you are now paying over $100 for. He also said this is the the third computer brought in with the same problem.I guess $39.99 was not such a good deal as I thought. His suggestion was to reinstall Windows seven, he said he could save all my data, and it will be just like new. All this for the price of $135.00 I told him good idea, I didn’t see much in Windows 8 that Windows 7 didn’t have. So if you do the math you will see it cost me almost $175 dollars to try an operating system that was corrupted. Should be ready Monday or Tuesday so I will plug along on the old Latitude until then. Since the offer is over I can’t warn anybody not to spend the $39.99. But I guess there’s still a lot to be said for the old saying” you get what you pay for”..

Hope everyone is doing fine out there in Blog Land, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…


  1. Our girls go into barking mode when someone comes to the door but as soon as they come in the house they're all wiggly and licking. Too bad about the computer. I'm still using Vista - talk about ancient. But I think my old computer is thinking about giving up the ghost. I don't want it to cause I don't want to learn anything new.

  2. Sometimes cheaper is not always better. We found that out researching the Strait Talk from Walmart. 8 out of 10 people hated it so Verizon we're headed back your way.