Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Notes.

Welcome everyone from Beautiful Downtown Dardenne Prairie MO. Actually I guess you could do a lot worse for a hometown, even at 07:00AM in the morning when I am taking Nicole to school people in front of the Catholic  Church going to 07:00 Mass wave a nice good morning to you and it makes the day start out just fine. Speaking of Nicole, she usually catches a short snooze on the way to school since it is 25.6 miles of two lane country road or abut 40 minutes of driving one way. Grandpa lets her sleep and watches the cows and horses go by.

After the drive it was a cold day but no more rain. just watched the world go by.

I have been looking at Dell laptops for a new one for Donna, so today she suggested going to Ultimate Electronics since they are going out of business,I found out when I got there that they never sold computers, but I missed out on the last 32 inch flat screen HD TV that they sold for $99.99. I did see a Canon Flash for $39 that is regular $79. so I will see if it will fit my Canon and go back in the morning, believe it or not the store was just about sold out of everything but a few appliances and the real big flat screens, I wonder what they will finally mark them down to, they are closing in 5 days.

PHYLLIS_EAST MEETS WEST asked me in a comment if I had heard from my Honorary Grandaughter in PA. that I met when I was up there taking care of my sister Wendy, I should have been more attentive to this as I know a lot of followers were interested in our relationship. I have been able to talk to Michelle on Skype every couple of weeks when I call my sister or she calls me, of course she is always asking me when I will be visiting again, I told her I will try to this summer, or try to get her Dad & Mom to bring her out for a visit. She is such a sweet kid, she has a not so bad learning disorder, but she is really working hard to improve that in school. I am so proud of her hard work and told her I would reward her when she gets her report card. Along that line my sister Wendy is doing what I consider great with her recovery and is walking with a cane and using the handrails I put in to get to the second floor, like I said she has come a long way since the day I got out there in October.

Donna & I take the Blessings we get and we surely have been Blessed even with some of the bad luck we’ve had in putting off vacations and such, we have a lot to be thankful for, We have two new Grands that have come into our life, my sister and Donna’s sister in law have had recovery’s from severe sickness, and so we consider Life is good, and don’t complain about the small stuff.

I pray the LORD will allow us the time for our own reward later, and also all your rewards out there in blogland.

Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

3 comments:

  1. Sam, ya sure got the rite attitude bout things, and it are a great testimentary to yer faith. I.M. glad to be yer follower. There's folks out there that seem to want to always look at bad side of things or critize them they don't know or understand. Then they're folks like you that see good cause yer a good person.

    I.M. glad to be one of yer reeders.
    Me and Nilda's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so refreshing to hear someone speak of how blessed they are. I so agree with you Sam....we are all so blessed and we don't always stop and count those blessings as we should. You and Donna have a wonderful family. You can read the love through the words in your blog!

    Have a great day and so glad the snow has stopped....finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great grandad you are, taking Nicole to school each day. That is a long ride back and forth.

    Happy to hear that Wendy is steadly recovering and that you still keep in touch with Michelle.

    As for attitude, it is always better for the soul to look at the good rather than the bad. We all stay much happier and healthier that way.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete