Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Meanderings.

Up at 0600AM and my bride was already gone for work, Wish she would make sure I am awake so I could at least see her off in the morning. Don’t know what happened I was up and down most of the night and the last time I remember seeing 0300 on the alarm clock then I opened my eyes in what seemed a few minutes and it was 05:55AM.

Got up and blogged for awhile on the laptop, Then I made a run first to Lowes,I needed a length of chain and some padlocks for the truck and generator, I got 6 feet of heavy 5/16th inch chain and two Master Magnum Locks keyed the same so one lock can go on the chain and I’ll have the other one for the surge protector when we are in RV Parks. The guy at The RV place said they are hot theft items since all they do is plug into the box so make sure and lock the box. I can put one key on my RV key ring and one on Donna’s RV key ring.

When I got home I replaced the American Flag that flies on the garage end of the house, It was beat up from all the winds we’ve had over the winter. The main flag that flies on the pole in the front of the house is still in good shape.

After Lowes there was a stop at the store for a couple grocery items. and then it was home.The kid’s are back to school today, so Rigg’s and I have the house to ourselves, Andy is working and Samantha went with her girlfriend Lisa some place. Rigg’s has a crush on Lisa and whenever she comes over he bugs her to play with him and Ducky.

Not much else doing around the ranch today. It is a nice sunny day in the 70’s almost to good to be true.Were supposed to have three more days of partly Cloudy weather with the same temps. hope that comes true, and The Cave Dwellers will have good weather going home to Illinois.

That’s about it for today, Everyone be safe out there, Sam & Donna…….

7 comments:

  1. Lowes, Home Depot, those stores are so hard to go into without spending too much. It's like a candy store to me! :)

    I need to get a surge protector for the rig, haven't done it yet but it's on my list. As is getting a new flag for the RV, we lost ours some how. :(

    Have a great week you guys!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik. I searched Amazon.com and got my Surge protector, It was $100 but I had a $20 Amazon Gift cert for taking a survey at our bank.I only have 30amp service on my fiver, if ypou have 50 amp on you MH yours will cost a little more, but Amazon lets you shop for the best deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our surge protector is hard wired. More than once its saved us the cost and then some.

    We need a new flag too. Ours is getting to look really beat. Lots of wind here in Texas which does no help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandkids are back in school and ours are out this week. Got three here for tonight - they're having lots of fun playing Wii and just hanging out. Thanks for the tip about putting a lock on the hook-up box. I really didn't think other campers would steal someone's surge protector but I guess non-campers could walk through and help themselves. Wouldn't want to lose ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about you, but I enjoy some time alone...not to much, but a little....
    Sounds like your ready to go,,,,,in just 2 months we will be loading up and heading for the Black Hills...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call on getting a surge protector! I read more and more about horrible wiring burnouts in rigs from too high spikes or too low brownouts that cost the RVer plenty of $$$. Many come from cheapened RV park wiring, or too many rigs drawing too many amps all daisychained together at parks too. Modern rigs with bigger draws of hungry electrical appliances and toys more nowadays than when the parks were built and wired.

    Another source of problems can be when someone backs into a power pedestal and just pushes it back upright without telling the management or rangers. Sometimes inside can be a short of two wires touching in the damaged post, causing havoc for the next person using the site!

    Gotta protect our precious RVs and not rely on everyone else to do it for us anymore....

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the 50 amp surge protector and like you said it was higher than $300. But also we purchased a cover that hardens the two plugs where the RV cord plugs into the protector. It has a locking hole where a padlock hasp goes in. I did purchase a lock and have never had it open since. You have to wonder if would be thieves have just passed my unit by, or if the security was just a waste of money..........? But at any rate the protector is still with us.......

    ReplyDelete