Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Notes.

 

 

happy-mothers-day-secrets-knew

We were up at 06:00AM on this beautiful Mothers Day, Had our coffee together, and Mom got here Mothers Day present.

MothersDayrose's05-12-12b

                                 Donna’s Roses.

We want to wish all the other Mom’s out there in Blog land a Happy Mothers Day.

My son Andy is going to cook us a Mothers day dinner, don’t have a clue what yet.

Started the day by going to Wally World and buying a battery for my son’s Jeep, it completely quit on him and he asked if I could get it for him and he would pay me on pay day. Then I noticed some rust on the tow bar on the back of my truck so I took the grinder and cleaned and then repainted the hitch assembly.

Donna has a shift at the restaurant from 10:00AM until 04:00PM as Hostess so I will probably go out later and run John Deere back over the grass I cut yesterday. Hopefully it will look a little better when I am done.

I keep thinking of Rick up in Cowichan Bay having to cut his front and back lawn with a push mower, don’t know how much area he has to cut, but with my 2 acres I can barely keep up with it with the help of John Deere, first the weather was wet and then we were in Florida and my son didn’t get to it, so yesterday I felt like I was baling hay. Hey Rick maybe there’s another lawn tractor in your future someplace.

We have been blessed with about 4 days straight of sunny mild weather , temps in the middle 70’s and down around 60 at night, Wednesday the highs are supposed to start into the middle 80’s and with May halfway over summer is not far around the bend and with 90 degree weather.

We usually have good swimming weather at the Lake by Memorial Day with the water about 80-85 degrees. After that it doesn’t take long for the water to reach 90-95 during the day in the shallow areas.

The kid’s are anxious to get out of school for the summer and get Grandpa to take them camping have plenty of firewood and the fiver is in good shape for our next trip. waiting to hear when the window parts ship and then that will be done.

That’s about it for today, Everyone have a great Mothers Day and be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

9 comments:

  1. Give Donna our best Mothers Day wishes. Hope she has a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to Donna - nice Roses! Way to go Sam!

    I've only got about 1/2 acre of lawns to cut, Sam, but that's bad enough. If I had 2 acres, like you, I'd definitely be getting another John Deere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to Donna. Beautiful roses. That's neat that Andy is going to fix dinner tonight. I think we're going to go out because Jim isn't feeling up to grilling and it's too hot to cook inside. But he's home with me and that is my present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses and dinner, what a great Mother's Day for Donna...We had great weather here..65 and sunny, after an all day drizzle yesterday...I'm anxious to find out what Andy has up his "chef's"sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup... Sam, you are the romantic! Roses... and cutting the lawn, what a guy!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day to Donna!! Roses and dinner...how special!! Hope Donna enjoyed her day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's day to Donna!..sounds like her day was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing Donna a very happy mother's day. Hope the dinner was wonderful. The roses are certainly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a fine Sunday........sometimes riding a John Deere is good Therapy...
    Kinda like loading bullets!! :-)

    ReplyDelete