Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday Happenings.

Up at 04:30AM with my pretty bride, we had our coffee and then Donna headed for the truck company, She has decided to take another night off from the Restaurant. for which I am really pleased last night she was so exhausted after taking her medicine she fell asleep watching TV about 07:00PM.She needs several nights like that.
I wanted to let you all know what happened here, While we were in Florida Donna had a persistent cough that appeared to get worse as the week went on. She never complained and said she really enjoyed her vacation stay, but after sleeping like a log the first two nights, the cough would keep waking her up and I know she was wearing down.
On the drive back Sat,Sun & Monday she coughed even worse and started coughing up blood, she was also tired, and only drove about 3 hours on Monday before wanting a nap.
Tuesday she went to the Med First and they sent her to the E. R. at St Joseph’s Hospital in Lake St Louis. There they diagnosed the pneumonia and put her on an antibiotic I.V. and put a bunch of fluid into her. When they sent her home they also gave her an antibiotic , pain killer prescription.
Happily the bleeding has stopped and she is feeling much better, Donna has had recurring episode’s of pneumonia in the last five years, one of the reason’s why I want her to retire and us to head south at the first sign of cold weather. I am hoping and praying that we can do this and she can retire in January like she says, Thank you all for your concern, I live in constant fear that something will happen to her, and I won’t have a partner for our travels.
Enough of the doom and gloom, I just wanted everyone to know she is doing better and what happened.
Now to the good news I got a text message from Adam and he wants to spend the weekend with Grandpa, so I will be picking him up at the bus stop tomorrow.
Today I put a new sewer hose in the fiver, the old one sprung a pinhole leak while I was dumping it at the campground on the way home. I also took the white lithium grease spray and sprayed the screw gear on my back leveler jacks, now they shoot up and down real easy like.
Other than restocking a few groceries and putting new clothes in the fiver is ready for our next adventure. I will probably take Adam & Nicole camping as soon as they are out of school for the summer. I will wait until the pools are open at the campgrounds which is usually Memorial Weekend.
Went to the service station and topped the truck off with diesel since the fuel gauge is in the cluster that is away being repaired I didn’t know how much fuel I had left, now that it is full I can watch the miles on the GPS and know when I get close to 500 to refill, hopefully by that time my cluster will be back. Also filled the can with gas for John Deere, I got John out and we started on the front yard as I worked my way back I got stuck in a water/mud hole that I didn’t notice and had to pull John out with my truck. no pulling him by hand, way to much weight and in mud he was plain stuck. My aching back tells me how dumb it was to try.
It was sunny and in the middle 80’s again ,but boy there is still a lot of water lying out there, I guess it must have rained a ton while we were gone. Might be another week before it dries out.
Well that’s about it here in Dardenne Prairie, we sure hope everyone s having a great time this week and the weather is as nice as it is here. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna….

6 comments:

  1. McGyver and I were busy all day yesterday with Uncle Jr. and Aunt Jeanette...so obviously I didn't read blogs...I hope Donna gets her much needed rest...and I will be counting the days until January right along with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam I sure understand your worry about Donna. Just stay positive about her retirement and know that you will have many adventures together. Tell her I said get well soon and I'll keep her in my prayers. Hope you have fun with Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get pneumonia every now and then, but nothing like what you describe Donna's. I hope she can take care of herself and stay healthy enough to head it off before it gets bad. Each time is so much harder on your lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you for being worried Sam,,,We will keep you both in our prayers and ask our father to give Donna the strength to fight this off and get strong. Keep the pressure on her to retire,,,Bless you both,,,life is short,,,enjoy it while you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We want you two on the road. Donna needs to slow down even if it means her kicking and screaming all the way. We love Donna and want her around for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I read about a sad situation like Donna's where a person cannot retire because of the lack of affordable health care, I just have to wonder why so many Americans are willing to put up with this. Even Mexico has universal health care!

    Sure hope Donna gets better fast - please give her our best.

    ReplyDelete