Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Morning

We got to sleep in until 05:30am, neither Donna or I have to work today, Adam is at his Mom’s for the weekend, so it was a lazy start for the day, after coffee, Sam was assigned to the Dept of Laundry Services, and Donna worked all morning finishing a cake she is going to give to her girlfriend Renee. Renee's daughter Lydia is having her Rite of Confirmation in the Catholic Church today and they are having a big party for her.

Donna05-15-10

                                  Donna the cake decorator.

Confirmation Cake05-15-10a

Confirmation Cake05-15-10c

                                       The finished cake.

The white color makes it hard to see the cross on the second level, Looks quite tasty to my diabetic eyes. But I won’t get the chance to sample it.

The sunny weather that was being sent to me from Kansas City, never arrived, it has rained all morning, Since last Monday when we had our last sunny day, I’ll bet the grass has grown 5 inches, all this rain water makes it so you can watch it grow before your eyes.

Looks like it will take one full sunny and warm day just to dry the ground enough for me & John (Deere) to get out here and start mowing.

Sam ran to the Eye Care place to pick up his new glasses this morning, Then he was back on the laundry detail.

Rigg’s is in trouble again, he just stole Andy’s sandwich that he left unattended in his room.

He sent his Mom a note explaining some of his antic’s from yesterday, here I’ll share it with you.

“Mom, you should have seen the look on your face this morning when I came into living room and ran by you with that piece of notebook paper, into the kitchen as fast as I could then came back around  with a thick wad in my mouth......I could tell you thought I had gotten Adams homework notebook....HAHAHHA, fooled you, it was a big wad of newspapers I stole......bet  you remembered when I stole Adams school project that he and his dad had worked on all night , hey they were able to put most of it back together...didn’t the teacher believe him when he told her the dog ate my homework. Well, Mom, have a good day, I was just having a little fun with you this morning, after all its been raining so much I haven’t been able to get outside too much.”

Love Riggen….

Never a dull moment around here with Rigg’s to entertain you.

That’s about it for now, I have a load to get out of the dryer and fold and then carry upstairs and put away, Donna has a shift tonight at the restaurant. Sam will be home alone. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice looking cake and I bet it taste delicious too!!! I wish I could decorate cakes like that.
    You all be nice to Riggs!! What a good looking fellow he is!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo!! That was a professional looking cake there, Chef Donna. And thanks, Sam, but we have a cover for the truck that works great for us...thanks though for the offer. I hear ya about the rain...I'm waaaay behind on the veggie garden..Maybe we will have tomatoes by Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like to drive big rigs and you do laundry detail? Dang! Do you have single twin hidden away anywhere? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh what a nice cake! If you lived closer, I would have hired you do to one for our granddaughters baptism tomorrow! How sweet! catching up on blogs here, behind in comments....

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete