Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Got up at the usual 04:30am, had coffee, Donna got going to the truck company at 05:30am. Went down to the computer. About 07:00am Adam came down and he said Grandpa my face hurts. He looked like he just went 3 rounds with a kangaroo. His eyes were red and swollen almost shut and he had red marks on his face and neck. It looked like some kind of poison ivy , or allergic reaction to me. I gave him a dose of Benadryl, and put calamine on it and about a half hour later he looks a little better. But I will keep him home today just in case it flares back up. His mother had surgery yesterday so I don’t want to bother her anymore than necessary.

P1020164resize

                                   What a face to wake up to.

Didn’t get a chance to blog yesterday, it was a slow news day anyway. My son Andy cut all the grass and John Deere performed flawlessly.I just putted around on little things all day while Adam was with his other Grandma at the hospital with his Mom.

He got home around 05:00PM and went out to play with our neighbors kids and I think that is when he might have found some poison ivy. This time of the year is bad for it around here and with the grass being freshly cut he could have got into it anywhere.

So today I will keep an eye on him and just go from there, A Grandpa’s job is never done. If he feels better later we might just do a little running with the truck and stop for a Dairy Queen, That always makes a boy feel a lot better.

Wish we would get some nibbles on the house, just getting ancy to head out. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

3 comments:

  1. Sam..I don't want to alarm you..they have always told me..poision ivy chest up..you have to be put on steriods..it can get in your airways..and can be life threatening. I know..me and the stuff..don't mix. I hope he gets to feeling better.

    Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got into a really bad patch of poison ivy about 4 years ago & the Doctor said to rub the juice from a plant called Jewel Weed on it. Jewel weed grows wild around here. Poison Ivy can be one very nasty bit of business if that is what it is. Maybe he just got socked in the eye at school. Boys will be boys you know...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure a trip to the DQ will do more to help Adam get better than any medicine! It always worked for me!

    ReplyDelete